Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Help with foundation

I've tried many many foundations and concealers, have a set skin routine that works, but for some reason every foundation I try always looks cakey in the t zone (forehead, nose, eyes, also chin though). The area right beside the nostrils, like the little crevice or wtv, does get oily unlike the rest of my skin, and does have blackheads, so maybe I need a different skin care product for that area? For reference, I have sensitive skin and almost every brand except laneige and clique cause a reaction of sorts. (haven't tried more expensive brands tho) 

I basically gave up and almost never wear foundation, but sometimes I'll use the CLINIQUE beyond perfecting concealer + foundation (CN 0.75 Custard) and just accept that it won't look good 😞

Please share advice I feel so stuck 😵💫 I know foundation will always show some texture regardless, but it's really and I mean EXTRA cakey in those spots, while looking normal everywhere else 🥲

Re: Help with foundation

@Kassy56The t-zone can be a tricky place.  The nose crevices i an area where we have more oil glands.  You can try using mattifying primer and then your foundation.  You can also try using powder prior to foundation.

Use a mild exfoliatiant once or twice a week to help with the blackheads (or sebaceous filaments)

You can also use blotting paper to help.  If my makeup separates, I can blot, hit it with a setting spray or mist and apply powder foundation to the area and hit again with the spray.

Some products if you're interested:

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL 

belif Aqua Bomb PHA Exfoliating Toner Pads 5 oz / 70 Pads 

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Invisimatte Instant Setting + Blotting Powder 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Blot & Glow Touch-Up Kit Blotting papers 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Mattifying Blotting Papers 

Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Powder Foundation 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Matte Perfection Powder Foundation 

SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Makeup Setting Spray 2.7 oz/ 80 mL 

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

I never thought about using powder in that area because I was worried it would make it look cakey, but I will definitely give these tips a try! Thank you! I'm excited, I'll update with a reply to let you know if it works 🥰 I'll also take a look at some of those products! 

@Kassy56, hope it works with the powder!  If you're worried about overloading the area, use a fluffy brush vs a powder puff for looser placement.

(Also, anytime you want a direct response from a member, tag them by using the '@' sign before their username.)

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing