Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Foundation help!!

I have extremely dry flaky sensitive skin. I am also VERY fair skinned. I have been using CoverFX natural finish foundation in shade N0. But you can see dry patches on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. It looks horrible and I have no idea what to try! Please help!

Re: Foundation help!!

@Dev789 Make sure you are exfoliating your face at least once a week.  Also maybe you need to revamp your skincare routine to combat the dryness.  Another thing is the foundation could be too drying for your skin or you applied too much.  Or the setting powder is making the dryness stand out more so a hydrating face mist would help.

I recommend Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Cream and a beauty oil and Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer.

I have revamped my skincare routine and exfoliate at least once a week. I never use setting powder because of the dry skin and have tried a hydrating face mist which helps a little bit, but not a whole lot. 

I have found foundations (like Trish McEvoy) which work perfectly with my skin and you don't see any dryness. But they don't typically make a shade light enough for my skin tone. Then if by chance they do I also can't use any foundation with SPF in it - and nowadays with everyone gungho on SPF in foundation that narrows my search even more! How difficult am I, right?

You could maybe try buying a white foundation to mix in with another foundation that works well for you but is typically too dark. You'd essentially be making your own custom shade by trial and error, but it might be a good option. 

@sockmagnet @Dev789 I second this option-a white base will make any foundation color lighter.

Hi @Dev789 I understand how frustrating it can be to find a foundation that both matches and has formula that works well with your skin. Here is a list of formulas that make a very similar shade to the Cover FX> https://www.sephora.com/search?keyword=1Y01 Another option is to use a hydrating oil or mixer with the Cover FX, like the Urban Decay Drop Shot Mix-in Facial Oil 0.80 oz/ 24 ml

I haven't tried mixing an oil with the foundation! That's brilliant! Thank you so much - I'm going to order that right now and give it a shot!

@Dev789 A hydrating mist before primer and then mixing a beauty oil into your foundation will do wonders.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing