Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Eczema / heat rash / dermatitis?!

I suffered from the usual dry skin most my life, but recently have developed this horrible dry skin around my mouth. No matter how much water i drinking, moisturizer I use, vitamins I take nothing helps. It's embarrassing, it looks like I have a little kid lick my lips ring around my mouth. Suggestions?!

Re: Eczema / heat rash / dermatitis?!

Hi meganlouise!

I'm sorry to hear you're currently suffering with this.  If you haven't already gone to the doctor, my recommendation would be to do that first to see if this is not some type of medical condition.  

Aside from seeking medical advise, since this problem is around your lips, you may want to eliminate using any lip products and/or even look at what kind of toothpaste you're using.  It sounds like it could be potentially a reaction to something that's making contact with your lips.  

If what you have is some sort of allergic reaction, the best way to find out what is causing the reaction is to eliminate everything and then only introduce 1 product at a time to see if it causes the reaction. This may take a while and it may be frustrating but it's probably the only way to find out.  Other than potentially getting tested for allergic reactions by a doctor which is a whole other story.

I hope this is helpful!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing