Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Chin acne

My Skin drys up really fast because I have eczema. I have stubborn pimple scars on my chin. How do I treat them without drying my face out?

Tags:

Re: Chin acne

Hi @angie5090@Westcoasty has given some great advice so far, so I only have a few small additions. Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL helps with my eczema, especially redness and itchiness. It’s also anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, so it can potentially help with break outs too.

Most other acne products can be drying, so spot treatments would be better than trying to attack your entire face.

Finally, check your current routine for comedogenic (pore-clogging/pimple-inducing) ingredients. If there are any, pull them out of your routine and see if there’s a non-comedogenic alternative that you can use. 

And lastly, it doesn’t hurt to see your doctor. If the acne persists, even after making some changes, it could be caused by something else entirely.

I hope this helps and I hope you find relief soon!

Re: Chin acne

@angie5090  I'm not sure if you're asking for help with pimples, or scars, or maybe even needing help with the right products for eczema as a place to start. So I'm taking a bit of a shotgun approach - please ask more questions if this doesn't give you the answers you're looking for.

There are some products on the Sephora Canada specifically for eczema. Using these may help with the dryness. I've used Skinfix before, with amazing results (though not for eczema), so I would suggest their Skinfix Eczema Kit for a trial run. Most of these are for the body, but the face balm could relieve your facial dryness. The Sephora US website may carry more Skinfix eczema products than the Canadian one.

The Evereden Eczema Relief Face and Body Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 mL is new (at least in Sephora Canada) and has very few ratings, with only three being Verified Purchases. In general, people found it effective, but disliked the container.

I'll skip the Topicals spray, but there's also Topicals Like Butter Moisturizer for Dry, Sensitive & Eczema-Prone Skin 1.7 oz / 50 mL Again, a new product with limited reviews, and a number of them are incentivized. Also, many people used it only for dry skin, not eczema. This product would not be my first choice to try.

Next up, scars. Blume sells two scar treatment products, but the Blume Treat and Fade Kit has slightly better ratings. It seems to be a combination of acne treatment and dark spot fading, with less emphasis on scar reduction. I have no experience with Blume myself, and it's too new to have many reviews, but it seems that if it works for you, it works really well. Whether or not it will make your eczema better or worse is another question.

However, I personally have used Murad InvisiScar Post-Acne Resurfacing Treatment on a non-acne facial scar (I got a trial size, and at the time it wasn't branded as being for acne scars), and was shocked to find that my scar became smoother, less raised, and generally less noticeable. I honestly figured the product wouldn't do a thing, but it actually worked. And there was no irritation of my face, either. I don't know if the acne-branded version is a reformulation, but if the formulation is the same, I would absolutely recommend it for scar reduction.

Lastly, if you want treatment for acne itself, and you find the Murad InvisiScar helpful, Murad also has several acne treatments. The Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL might be best. My thoughts on this are that if you use a targeted application on trouble spots, you're less likely to irritate your skin in general (as opposed to using an acne cleanser, for instance).

I hope this helps. Good luck! 💋

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing