Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Cakey patchy makeup

I have tried everything I can think of Ive exfoliated, moisturize religiously and have tried lots of foundations and concealers and they all seem to apearate and look dry cakey and patchy.

Please help also I'm using the same make up now that I did several months ago and did not have this issue which is estee lauder double wear

Re: Cakey patchy makeup

@JORDYNRHAE   A common cause if all formulas of foundation and concealer are separating is too much skincare product.  Your skincare should be given time to absorb and if there is excess product after five minutes then it can be blotted away before applying your makeup.  
when skincare is on too thick it will sit on the surface of your skin and usually not evenly.  It then mixes with your makeup in the thicker areas causing it to congeal or separate to drier areas with less product.  
Giving your foundation a good shake prior to application can help as well:). 

Re: Cakey patchy makeup

Is the foundation gone off or expired, @JORDYNRHAE ? Even though you using the same skincare, weather can affect it or your skin may be changing. Did you switch up the sponge or brush you use to apply? 

Making sure you have a good skincare prep that's had time to sink in to the skin can help with application. I like to mix an oil or a glowy primer into my foundation for my skin. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing