Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Skincare Time

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know everyone’s skincare routine for some product inspiration! Any acne and hyperpigmentation fighting products would be helpful as well! Thanks 😊 

Re: Skincare Time

Hi @salinin! I have combination skin that usually leans more toward the drier side, so I hope that I can help you! 

I start off my day with Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser, since it's super gentle but also cleansing! It's really good at removing makeup/dirt from the previous night if there's any remaining, and it has the very subtle but nice rose scent. I then use Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Face Toner, which really balances out my skin after cleansing, and it's quite refreshing without being overly drying/stripping. I occasionally use Glossier's Super Bounce serum when my skin needs a nice hit of moisture, since it contains hyaluronic acid, or Glossier's Super Glow serum when my skin lacks a certain "glow". I then finish up with CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Moisturizer. It's a gel-based moisturizer instead of a lotion-based moisturizer, so it won't make your skin shiny or greasy at all! Sometimes I'll use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL , which is a hydrating, refreshing facial mist to finish up my morning skincare routine.

After working out, I use SEPHORA COLLECTION Smoothing Cleanser with AHA + BHA in the shower, since it's SO good at removing impurities, dirt, sweat, etc. from your skin, and it's really quite affordable! I then use the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Face Toner again, and then the CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly because the Sephora cleanser is VERY cleansing but can be quite drying, and the hot water from the shower can also dry out your ski. If you're noticing a trend here, I really like gel-based moisturizers because they will NEVER make my combination skin feel oily/greasy/shiny. Again, I sometimes use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL when I feel like it.

My nighttime skincare routine starts with Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser again, which is gentle enough to use at night (where I try to lean towards more moisturizing, gentle products). I follow up with the Lancôme Tonique Confort Re-Hydrating Comforting Toner with Acacia Honey, which is another toner that is SO moisturizing and hydrating while still being a toner. I then finish with the CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate Mini, which is definitely more of a lotion, but when I wake up in the morning, my face feels baby smooth without being greasy/oily/shiny! 

Weekly, I'll do some sort of sheet mask, and I'll also use The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL, which clears up any redness and/or bumps on my skin and leaves it looking radiant! 

And that's my skincare routine! I didn't include an SPF product because sunscreen varies for everyone depending on your skin tone, skin type, and how easily you tan! I hope that this helps! 

Wow thank you so much for the recommendations and details!

So my routine usually consists of

PTR Black Moor Mud face wash (such I'll have to find a replacement for eventually) or

Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam Hydrating Makeup Remover 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads with Glycolic + Lactic Acids  or

Son & Park beauty water

Hyper Skin Mini Brightening Dark Spot Vitamin C Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL (evening)

Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (morning)

NIOD's Fractured Eye Contour Concentrate

belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 3.4 oz/ 100 mL (evening, 1-2 week)

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads (1-2 week, if needed)

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (as needed)

I feel like the azelaic acid, peel pads (both kinds) and the Hyper serum have all helped, but not all my breakouts are faded, but my skin looks better and less uneven.  Also, my skin is really picky, so none of these products cause me to breakout.

Thanks! Been thinking about the peace out serum! How is it?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing