Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades

Makeup Newbie. Help finding perfect bronzer

Hello for reference. I wear a Nars Light reflecting foundation in Huahine or a L’Oréal true match foundation in N7.

I recently purchased Nars Laguna cream bronzer in the color 04 and was told it makes me look a bit orange. I went to Ulta and a sales representative recommended to me hourglass ambient bronzer in nude bronze light which in the store when I was not wearing make up it did show on me. When I got home and I was playing around with my make up on top of my foundation I couldn’t see it.  

I am very much a make up newbie. Can anyone give me some options for bronzer that are not too warm, neutral tone, and easily blendable? When I went to give this information to the Ulta associate, she recommended me using a contour instead, if I’m looking for some to snatch me up, but I’m just honestly looking for something that brings a little bit of warmth to my face without me coming off as orange

Re: Makeup Newbie. Help finding perfect bronzer

@gabgang, ehhh... you could use a contour, but I wouldn't.  It wouldn't give the right tone, contour is usually grey for creating a shadow.  (Also, you can contour with bronzer and blush on that note.)

Danessa Myricks has a deep bronzer, it's slightly warm, but not too orange.  The shade range is limited, there's just 3. Danessa Myricks Beauty Power Bronzer Cream Bronzer .

Rare beauty also has a few deep Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Warm Wishes Effortless Cream Bronzer Stick  

Fenty has great bronzers for deep tones, as well as LYS.  LYS Beauty No Limits Matte Bronzer & LYS Beauty No Limits Cream Bronzer and Contour Stick Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer  & Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer .  The cream bronzers in fenty are a little cooler toned than the bronzers IMO, but I like the powder ones better.  They hard pan, but I didn't find it to be a problem problem, just an minor annoyance

Re: Makeup Newbie. Help finding perfect bronzer

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing