cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Blush for us!

Hey girls, 

Ive been trying to find a blush that compliments my skin and doesn’t wear off during the day. Currently using a really old drugstore blush from maybelline. A1 if its not too expensive and $20 or less. I love a natural finish! 

Tags:

Re: Blush for us!

the rare beauty blushes are perfect for deeper skin! they're so pigmented

Hey! What finish are looking for? Do you like powder or cream? Because the Nabla skin glaze is beautiful! It is a powder, but glides on and blends out smoothly like a cream. I think it's a baked gelee formula. I have three shades: adults only, truth, and Lola. It is a sheen like texture and is almost like a blush and highlight hybrid.  I think it runs between 20 and 30 dollars, but I purchased them all when they were on sale for half off retail. If you like variety and also bang for your buck, try the Sephora Pro Collection face pallette in deep. It has 4 blushes, 2 highlights and 2 bronzer/contour shades and is all powder products. Hope this helps.

Clinique loose powder gives a natural glow. Just get a shade darker than your skin tone. Try it at their counter. #clinique

I guarantee Make UP For Ever will have some strong shades. Big pan of blush for about $23. Intense pigment, good wear @quesspee . I'm a pale girl, but have always loved & worn shades made for WOC. Give me the wines, the burgundies, the brownettes and purples & cranberries! 

@quesspee  My favorite long lasting powder blushes are various NARS Talc-Free Powder Blush shades. They're normally $30 USD each, but keep an eye out at various retailers for sales. They're $25.50 at Bloomingdale's right now, and NARS does some pretty good sales at their own site so you might want to get on their mailing list. I have many shades... I can swatch some for you later, if you'd like. Of the shades still available, my favorites are Liberte, Aroused, Savage, Taos, Taj Mahal, Couer Battant, and Exhibit A. I wish the shades Outlaw and 413 BLKR weren't discontinued; they're also fantastic. I've never been able to wear NARS's Orgasm blush because that shade of pink doesn't show up on my cheeks. But I can do their fairly recent Orgasm X shade, and I appreciate that they finally released a version of Orgasm for folks with deeper skin tones. Though honestly, NARS has always been quite inclusive. 

You could also try a ColourPop Super Shock Blush. They're usually $10 USD, but ColourPop has a few on sale right now. I only have 2 of these, and only 1 has gotten a full day of wear. (The other one I wore for just 3-4 hours at a dinner party.) It held up pretty well; didn't completely fade off my face. 

Oh, and check out Illamasqua's powder blushes. You can buy direct from Illamasqua or from retailers that carry the brand, like SkinStore. This blush is usually $30 USD but you can sometimes catch it on sale. I have the shades Excite and Hussy which are both a matte finish. On me, they're not as long-wearing as NARS blushes, but they do last a long time on my cheek. 

I've assumed you're looking for a powder blush—but if you need a cream or liquid blush, I can give an option or 2 later. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing