cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

primer

Hello!

I am just starting with makeup, and I was wondering what primer would best go with the Lancome concealer. I was going to buy the elf primer but then I heard about using silicone-based makeup with other silicone-based makeup and vice versa with water-based. Which primer would be best for me? Thanks!

Re: primer

Hi @tahmina07! Which concealer do you have from Lancôme? (You can use # to tag it if they carry the same one at Sephora)

You’re absolutely right. Silicone with silicone and water with water. The two aren’t chemically compatible and depending on what else is mixed in there, your makeup may pill, separate, or just never set right and wipe off really easily. 

Another thing to consider is your own skin type. Some products will work better with dry skin while others are better for oily skin. If you have normal skin, then you’re one of the lucky few who can pick and choose.

Lastly, you might not need to use primer at all if you have a good skincare routine. You might be able to get away with just using your moisturizer. SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer is one example. Some people here will even use their sunscreen as a primer. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ is a pretty common one. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing