Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

porcelain skin needs lighter foundation...

Hey all! 

Here I am with 40+ yr old skin, a couple age spots, lots of freckles (blessing of the Irish...), and a foundation that was perfect for summer but now too dark. Was using it CC+ in fair light, but now it is a bit dark. The light that it offers does not have the pink undertones I need. I like medium coverage to blend away those age spots, and it needs to be transfer/sweat proof as much as possible.

Suggestions?? For more reference, I use tarte concealer: fair-light neutral is perfect, fair has warm undertones. 

I can't get into a Sephora to test, even if COVID didn't prevent it, because I am just too far away. So really want to nail this and not have to return!

-Katrina

Thanks so much all! 

Re: porcelain skin needs lighter foundation...

@sweetirishCT  - Have you tried the IT CC in Fair?

Next recommendation would be to try mixing in something like the Cover FX Custom Color drops in the lightest color they have, and see if that lightens what you currently have to the right shade.

Final recommendation - Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Matte Foundation .  It's long-wearing, has decent coverage, and comes in a wide shade range. As an added bonus, when you click on a shade, you can see a model with and without the foundation, so you can see if it looks like a particular shade might be a good match for you. If you aren't interested in that particular foundation, but you find a good color match, you could try using the Sephora foundation finder, or the findation.com website, to find another foundation that matches the closest color match in the Lancome one.

HTH

Good recs, esp drops. Why did Cover Fx foundations change or leave? I was white as a ghost in some of those N's or P's. Oh well. 😩

@V21988 ,

Try ULTA.

Looks like Dermablend also has the customizing drops; Ulta has them half off tomorrow.

Never crossed my mind -- and I didn't know: ULTA has Cover Fx. ULTA is not that far. ACES, @WiscyKristi. Thank you! 😏

@WiscyKristi  thank you for the suggestions. After posting this I came across the findation.com tool and am presently working through that LONG list of options! I have not heard of the drops you suggested, that may work also...

The it cream in fair give me an orange look. it doesn't have the pink undertones I need. 

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

@sweetirishCT  Katrina, I am 42.

Try NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Siberia NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation Siberia  - SIBERIA. Nevermind the yellow undertone descriptor - as I also have pink undertones, but this still works so well for me. I'm wearing it below; my real color is Oslo which I also have and wear, though I have switched to translucent SPF foundation lately. But still, I'll use foundation again I'm sure.

Siberia, with highlight and bronzing - shade lighter -- yet I did a lot over it (two bronzers, a contour... makes it look not so COLDSiberia, with highlight and bronzing - shade lighter -- yet I did a lot over it (two bronzers, a contour... makes it look not so COLD

At the ball game, different lighting, no bronzing, you can see it still matches my neck... am I pale or what? Now I am pink undertoned, but again, Siberia. Also Chantilly Complete Concealer.At the ball game, different lighting, no bronzing, you can see it still matches my neck... am I pale or what? Now I am pink undertoned, but again, Siberia. Also Chantilly Complete Concealer.

Me is Oslo, but notice picture 1 is not much different. No contouring here, miniumal blush. Vanilla Complete Concealer.Me is Oslo, but notice picture 1 is not much different. No contouring here, miniumal blush. Vanilla Complete Concealer.

In Nars Sheer Siberia, it still works in terms of tone and somehow both match my neck, which will henceforth always bear a scarf outside. And what is missing? MIRRORED SUNGLASSES!In Nars Sheer Siberia, it still works in terms of tone and somehow both match my neck, which will henceforth always bear a scarf outside. And what is missing? MIRRORED SUNGLASSES!

NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation Oslois made for pink undertones, but you see Siberia gives that shade-lighter gorgeous porcelain you're asking for. Especially the baseball game picture.

Concealer: NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Chantilly  That will work for you. I also use Vanilla, but you need porcelain and very light so here you have it. You probably want to go with Matte, but Sheer Glow is so lovely and dewy and buildable. But maybe try Matte first.

If you are like me you can do yellow, neutral or pink.

I have matched for all of them but when I go a shade lighter it's usually always either yellow or neutral but it works for me. I think it will work for you.

Then for the KICKER set it with RCMA's NO COLOR POWDER. You're good ta go.

Think about it. Best wishes, V21988 🛀🛀🛀

PS RE: Sweatproof I tend to think tinted moisturizers, cc's, but sounds like you need Matte-like coverage (spotting). You could do Radiant and the chantilly on your spots. All I can think is a change to NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation Siberia - which is sweat resistant for 16 hours. I have never used that one, so II don't know the formulation and how much coverage really, or if it's buildable. Check reviews or research it.  Best to you!

What a great reply!! Thank you so much! The long-wear is what I tried in Oslo, I will try it in Siberia. Not sure the yellow undertones will work for me, it would be a first if it did, but I am willing to try! The matte concealer sounds good also... I use tart in fair-light right now, but will give this one a try too! 

Have a great day 🙂

If you are still looking for a pale BB, the MISSHA "Perfect Cover BB spf42 pa+++" in bright beige #13, 50ml. quite pale, in MAC-terms it's close to NW10 to NW15. Some say there's a slight grey-ish tone, but I do not notice it. Similar to previously-mentioned Tarte "BB Tinted treatment Primer" in Fair; a small, $15 size is now available.

Another: Dr.Jart+ "Premium BB spf45" in 1-Light-Medium is a lil' more beige; yes slight grey tone. 

Maybe you already know the MUA Sharon Farrell? She is quite talented & amusing. The way she transforms her face is really astounding.

HTH!

Don't feel obligated, I also feel that way when people tell their secrets or heart felt recs because it's not common. To share beauty products and secrets. Dames who live next door are tight lipped about what they do. I have always been more open, excited to share.

I am rose under-toned and it's different on all skin, you are the same as me, but your matter is chemically not exact whatsoever. None of us are, I wonder about identical twins. I bet they have some individual elements on the body. Just a sign of life that is not he or she's twin.

Back to foundation, when I went for a Snow White aesthetic, all I got were yellow or nautral choices in porcelain. It will work for you don't doubt. Act like the stuff was made for you. Forget what's logical. You know were made quote divine. I ask for anything, I am only give whatever it is, and not anything so rude as to ask for money or BS.

I am a strange cat but I am also right. When I ask for something from the King, he blew on dirt became human. He is a over on the under. Thank Heaven He likes me, because who could live with His severity?

I always pray and ask for the lives of women, men and all the children they steal from all of us for slave labor and to prostitute them until they're dead. I don't believe it takes 2 years. Jesus Christ it affect me, because I know I am in the Body. Whoever prays with me to save the weak and the innocent, may get Him to turn His head your way. Like a hunk, God is superlatively royal. But snubbed everywhere.

The retribution has begun but who cares about time. In reality time does not exist. We are living i a copy of reality, or like one of His many rooms. He has a lot, um, it's beyond what I could describe.

The LORD is kind. So I ask the world: how dare you, how could you. tear at Our King's heart, incite a hero, Him, to jealousy, dare to Him to the Test and snub your own host?

Okay now I am back with you on this response. That was some digression!

Back to you and this people on this forum - but @sweetirishCT may your Siberia be b****n', give you that "in th driver's seat feeling," and anyone reading, blessed. But if anyone should cause it this response to be deleted, be forewarned the LORD wil swiftly seek justice. I only know His kindess, He'ss a good suitor and courtier and onlly he's loyal. He saved my life time and time again. May His Son be your breathe.

Keep up the beauty treatments. Ciao!

I am so happy. It is now the time for ointments, creams, serums, waxes, rich pigments and good packaging. To shampooing, manicuring,  pedicuring, splurging on new oils, Gucci for the first time, all for the Messiah. I am so happy He is so nice to me. I win all the time. 

Gosh I WANT that Coola balm for face in the round jar, but reviewers said it was greasy, so I have to consider that. I will re-read all the reviews on COOLA balm for the face with coffee in the AM. Winning anyone? Yes that would be us.

I forgot everything else. Goodnight and goodbye and best wishes to you all. I am going to write a message in this thread it neither concerns customer of any at Sephora. It like a wall and I'm in high school again taggin' so some folks will tuck in their back pocket. Thanks. V2🛁 (empty)

soon... 🛀🛀

Girl you are on FIRE in the Spirit! It is good to see in this upside down world that we live it! Thanks for the make-up tips, and the happy heart this morning!! God Bless!!

And to you. Always and in everything.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos4
  • Siberia, with highlight and bronzing - shade lighter -- yet I did a lot over it (two bronzers, a contour... makes it look not so COLD
  • At the ball game, different lighting, no bronzing, you can see it still matches my neck... am I pale or what? Now I am pink undertoned, but again, Siberia. Also Chantilly Complete Concealer.
  • Me is Oslo, but notice picture 1 is not much different. No contouring here, miniumal blush. Vanilla Complete Concealer.
  • In Nars Sheer Siberia, it still works in terms of tone and somehow both match my neck, which will henceforth always bear a scarf outside. And what is missing? MIRRORED SUNGLASSES!
testing