cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

help with undertones in concealers!

Hey all! Happy Monday👋🏾

I have a quite a difficult complexion/undertone that’s not easily found in many brands. I’m not really a fan of the under-eye brightness look (and if I do decide to try it, it’s usually only half a shade or 1 shade lighter which is minimal) so true tone is what I try to go for. 

I have mostly neutral (sometimes olive) undertones. My very best shade match is Nars Creamy Radiant in Amande. I’ve been trying to find a match in the ABH concealer, and the PatMcGrath sublime. I’ve been trying to decide (for Pat) if MD26 is right because it resembles Amande very well! I would love love lovee some help with this! 🙏🏾🫶🏾

Re: help with undertones in concealers!

Thanks for tagging me, @danielledanielle ! 

@notmcexx I'm in the "tan/medium-deep to deep" skin tone range with an undertone that's kinda neutral, kinda warm-leaning, and kinda olive. I keep a concealer that's as close to my skin tone as I can find; a peach toned concealer for color correction; and a concealer the next brightest shade up from my skin tone match with the same undertone. The brighter concealer shade gets very sparsely used (in partnership with one of the other 2 shades) directly in my hollow tear troughs to make that skin look less shallow. I don't use it as a face highlighter. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Amande used to be my skin-match concealer shade, but one day it was suddenly a bit too deep for my skin tone(s). I've tried Pat McGrath's MD26 and found it too dark as well, but I don't recall if it was an Amande match. (I returned it long ago, otherwise I'd swatch-compare it with Amande for you.) 

I did swatch a few other concealers for you as shade references: 

Photo taken indoors with indirect daylight through a window.Photo taken indoors with indirect daylight through a window.

Kinda wish I still had PMG MD26 to swatch-compare with Amande for you. Heck, I'd compare them in-store if I could visit one of my local Sephora's today. Sorry I'm not being super helpful today... I can't believe I deleted my old PMG vs. NARS swatch photos. 🤦‍♀️ 

Re: help with undertones in concealers!

@WinglessOne , tagging because I know Amande is your shade and you might have the shade in Pat's referenced 🤔

@notmcexx 

I'm neutral olive but tan.  I have concealers of different tones, sometimes it's pure accident 😂, but usually I have two different ones for concealing because my forehead is a different color than the rest of my face.  Nars and Jouer have my go to concealers.  The Jouer is limited, but I find it more neutral than my match in Nars.  Also just listing some other concealers, if you're curious.

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer (shade I use is Dulce de Leche)

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Concealer Pen 

Dior Backstage Concealer 4N (it's quite peachy)

PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Concealer M18 

Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Concealer (these are better for brightening/highlighting)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Full Coverage Multi-Use Hydrating Concealer 33N 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Caramel 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Photo taken indoors with indirect daylight through a window.
testing