Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Time to update my foundation

Hello everyone! My name is char! I’m so glad I found this thread! I would love some advice/tips/tricks or opinions on foundation please! And i also have some questions. First of all, I live in humid Hawaii since 2019,  I’m turning 39 next week, I have oily skin, I wear lash extensions because I don’t like mascara and putting them on. my foundation for a long time has been Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W1 Honey Bronze  I am starting to think it could be the wrong color. My veins on wrist to some people are blue/purple. I just thought it was green blue,( I was lighter skinned in Vegas) I want to try something else, that’s more mattifying, preferably liquid since I think that’s best for oilyskin ?  And I don’t know what’s close to that shade, I also want try another shade, lighter.  Can someone recommend some choices or brands? Anyone with similar skin types or problems? What worked? What’s new in my age? Thank you for taking the time to read and share your beauty experiences!

Re: Time to update my foundation

Hi! I highly recommend the Fenty Pro Filter Soft Matte Foundation. I have combination skin with an oily forehead. I’ve tried the Estée Lauder foundation before and I felt like it was so drying, my skin would freak and I got extra greasy by the end of the day. I don’t have that problem with the Fenty. I do recommend using a damp sponge for application over a brush.

As for the shade, I suggest going to the store if possible. I know Sephora can be far if you live in Hawaii, but this foundation dries a bit warm. I’m usually 240 (warm) in Fenty, but in the matte liquid foundation I am 230 (neutral). I would guess you should be somewhere in their medium to tan range. Hope this helps!

Re: Time to update my foundation

Thank you so much ! @xxMiniMoose  I definitely will look at the shades in that brand .. I also bought my first beautyblender BESTIES Original Limited-Edition Blend & Cleanse Starter Set 😌 I know, I am a total rookie and we have one Sephora on the other side of the island ! But I’m not trying to go there. Online is life here ! Thank you thank you 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing