Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Tatcha face primer

Does anyone else feel that the Tatcha face primer is less of a canvas for makeup and more of a pore clogging mess? I hate it!

Re: Tatcha face primer

I got a little size sample of this face primer and used it several times, I have a little bit oily skin but not much and this product left my skin dripping oily. I almost didn't believe it. For the price it's by far the worst primer I've ever tested. I didn't exactly look at his proposal, but I see a lot of youtubers using it like it's the best thing in the world just because it's expensive. If I had bought the full size I would be crying now.

I went out of my way to buy a sample size of it when it first came out, and it actually made my face oilier throughout the day- usually I get oily, but using hydrating primers and moisturizers under makeup reduces it. Silk canvas made it way worse and I think I still have a bit left in that little sample size ahaha. I just regret buying a sample/mini due to the hype before there were real reviews

@donnaengel  Silk Canvas makes my skin itchy and bumpy. I had to ditch my full size jar since I can’t use the primer or donate it to anyone. ☹️ Worst part: it was such a nice primer that worked well with my concealer. Didn’t feel heavy or pore-clogging to me. Sigh... 

RE: Re: Tatcha face primer

Return it to the store for a product credit! That stuff is expensive.

@donnaengel It's actually one of my faves. That said I don't ever use it on my whole face - I just use it on large pore areas (mostly my cheek area) and then use a different primer elsewhere. I mean I definitely can see why it feels that way since I feel like it operates by literally filling in the pores with the primer so they are smooth but I don't find it really clogs my pores as long as I wash my face at night 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing