Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Skin undertone

Hi! I do not know how to figure out if I have a neutral, warm, or cool undertone. How do I figure it out on my own? Thanks xx
Anonymous Insider

Re: Skin undertone

Undertones are a mess. Some people have more obvious undertones than others, so yours may just be tricky - for example, closer to neutral, instead of extremely warm or extremely cool, it's a lot harder to tell. The vein test (if the veins on your wrist are blue or green) and the jewelry test (if you look better in silver or gold jewelry), get messed up the closer you are to neutral. They also get messed up if you have olive/green-ish undertones. For both of those options, you don't distinctively have a preference for either color jewelry and your veins aren't clearly either color. (If you've got warm undertones, you'll have green veins and look best in gold jewelry, versus blue veins and looking best in silver jewelry if you have cold undertones.)

Re: Skin undertone

I didn't know this either until I heard of this trick: Check out the color of your veins on your wrist. If they're blue, you're cool. Greenish, you're warm. If both, then neutral.

Tags:
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing