Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Recommendations for a thin, watery foundation with decent coverage

As I've aged, my skin has changed texture, and I find that even ordinary "liquid" foundations (which are more like lotion in texture than true liquids) emphasize the texture. I've been using a powder foundation, and it works, but it's also 100% matte. 

I'm looking for a watery foundation (not just water-based, even those can be really thick creams) that has decent, buildable coverage and a natural (not dewy) finish. I know Clinique made one years ago (Sport?) but it was discontinued. 

This may be a unicorn, but I'm hoping someone knows of one!

Re: Recommendations for a thin, watery foundation with decent coverage

Hi sweetheart!  I have the same problem!  Found Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue tinted moisturizer is okay for the day-to-day foundation.  I use it after my normal moisturizer, so it doesn’t settle into lines, bumps, etc.  For more coverage or going out, Armani’s Silk Perfect Glow.  It seems to float above the skin.

I recommend NARS concealer for the tough stuff, like under eyes.

@emmys1972 have you looked into Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation ? It's more on the runny side with a light medium coverage. I wouldn't say it's watery but it's very light. 

@makeitup305 , I love this foundation, never thought of it as watery, but I think you're right

@emmys1972 I LOVE the Beautyblender 12-Hour Always on Radiant Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide  although it may be a little too dewy for you but YMMV.

I didn't love the texture, but Ilia makes a ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Dominica ST14 , it's pretty thin, but has SPF.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing