Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

NARS Light Reflecting™ Undereye Brightener versus Oily Skin

Hey guys, when I layer the smallest amount of my NARS brightener on top of my liquid concealer it disintegrates the coverage on contact. No matter the concoction of skincare/primer/concealer the product always breaks down when I gently blend/buff/pat it into my skin. Is my oily skin rejecting this product or am I using it wrong? does anyone else have this issue? it has me starting to examine my skincare routine trying to figure out the reason I can't get this product to work for me. 

Skin type: Oily, sensitive, redness/rosacea  

Skincare: CeraVe hydrating cleanser & daily moisturizing lotion

Primers: Milk hydro grip primer, Glow Recipe blur drops, MAC fix plus spray, Danessa Myricks Blurring Balm Powder,

Concealers: Haus Labs Triclone; Natasha Denona Hy-glam, NARS Radiant creamy. 

Please help! i want to feel beautiful when i use this product   

Re: NARS Light Reflecting™ Undereye Brightener versus Oily Skin

@Rayray231, maybe flip the order...go moisturizer, then primer, then brightener and then the smallest amount of concealer.

@Rayray231 I see you listed a few primers and concealers. Does it break down regardless of the combination of products you use?

@Rayray231 Are you giving your skincare time to sink in before you start applying your make up?  I always find that if I move too fast after skincare my make up will just sit on top of the skincare and smudge a lot easier.  I'd also try to make sure that your makeup layers are quite thin.  You may also want to try using it under your liquid concealer.  I use colour correctors more often than eye brighteners but always found they worked better on top of my skincare then I'd layer a concealer over them.  Maybe worth a shot?

Hey Ray!!

okay I have combination skin and under my eyes y always leave the concealer for approx one minute before distributing it, because it makes it (at least for me that I use the one size one) have way more coverage and it makes it smoother. Actually I recommend you to do that and then tell me how it goes so we can see if it gets better. 
hope this helps! 

Hey, thanks for the feedback! i really appreciate it. I also leave my concealer on between 2-3 minutes before blending it out for more coverage but maybe i'm leaving it on for too long... i'll try it for 1 minute and get back to you....  Fingers Crossed!!!

Hi!

Finger crossed 🤞 

Wish this helps but if it doesn’t I also recommend you to apply your foundation, then your concealer after you leaved it for a bit a then your Brightener. 
Make me know if some of this worked for you.
Kisses, M 💟

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing