Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

My Skin Rejects Foundation - HELP

Ever since covid, I have had the hardest time getting foundations to work with my skin. I'm using foundations I've owned before and even some new ones. Nothing sticks on my face! It seems to happen worse when I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer.... Which is usually a solid primer for me - a real fail safe. I've tried different skincare, sponges, and primers. I'm having, like, ridiculously bad luck with products adhering to my skin. Can anyone help? What is going on?! I'm losing my mind 😭

p.s. a sephora rep in store suggested over exfoliation as a possible cause. that there isn't enough dead skin for makeup to latch onto. i limited down my skincare routine to ceramides and skin barreir repairing products: Laneige Cream skin, COSRX panthenol ampoule, IT Cosmetics eye cream, FAB BarriAIR Cream (morning), Lala Retro (night). I cleanse once a day with the Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Cleanser (extra gentle on the skin).

Re: My Skin Rejects Foundation - HELP

Ugh i feel your pain! I’m going through the same thing. And I’ve gone through a few different foundations and I can’t seem to find one I am happy with 

PXL_20210123_013242911.jpgForPXL_20210123_013249513.jpgPXL_20210123_013254306.jpgPXL_20210123_013300248.jpgPXL_20210123_013404484.jpg

Forgot the photos!

@susical11 You do look a little dry.  I also noticed a bit of peach fuzz.  Have you tried shaving your face?  I've done it before and it makes your skin so much smoother.  Are you drinking enough water?  I don't have any fail proof answers but if everything used to work and now it's stopped working, it's clearly not another product that's going to fix the issues.  

Did you mention what moisturizer you use?  I really like the Sunday Riley CEO moisturizer when my skin is super dry.  I feel like it does a deep moisturizing.  

Sorry for the late reply! 

I use the FAB BarriAIR cream for daytime and Drunk Elephant Lala Retro for nighttime.

I have been doing a limited and ceramides focused skincare routine for 7 weeks. It has improved but still isn't fully resolved. 

You should try DIY recipes. Environmental factors like dust, toxic pollution, and harsh sun rays can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry, dehydrated, and damaged. While such environmental factors are not in your control, you can ensure that your skin gets the essential dose of hydration and moisturization by pampering your skin with DIY Hydrating Face Masks! This is the site www.allfacemask.com ...You can check it... You can find the solution to this. I have been looking at this for many days. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos5
  • PXL_20210123_013254306.jpg
  • PXL_20210123_013249513.jpg
  • PXL_20210123_013300248.jpg
  • PXL_20210123_013242911.jpg
  • PXL_20210123_013404484.jpg
testing