Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Light olive skin products?

Hey, so I have had a problem finding a good foundation/bb cream match because my skin is quite light, but has an olive undertone. Every product that is meant for olive skin tones are usually in the medium-tan skin tone range, but that is way to dark for me. If I go with cool undertones, the product looks pink on me. If I go with warm undertones, the product looks too yellow for me. Most neutral undertones tend to look more geared to one side on me, meaning I will either look slightly pink or yellow. If anyone could help me find a good product I can use it would be greatly appreciated! I usually prefer bb creams or light coverage foundations. Below is a picture of my skin tone for reference!

Re: Light olive skin products?

Girl I know this is a long shot and it's like 3 years later but do you remember what eyeshadow you're wearing in this pic? It's beautiful!

Re: Light olive skin products?

@SamiDi I really like Stellar Limitless Foundation in S01. Its pretty green, so it works well with my undertones. It’s listed as “very fair”, but I think the shade is more somewhere between fair and light. Good luck!

RE: Re: Light olive skin products?

thank you! I'll have to try it out:)

RE: Light olive skin products?

I’m a pretty light olive too. I’ve had a hard time with perfect matches. I’ve mixed shades to get a good match. I love NARS sheer glow and I usually mix deauville with Stromboli. I know it costs double but they last twice as long, and I tan super easy and get pretty dark in summer so it allows me to mix a perfect match every time. Other close matches I’ve found are the Givenchy photo’perfexion in perfect praline/cashew (cashew in summer, praline-winter) and the NARS tinted moisturizer in Groenland. Tarte I’ve tried light-Med neutral and it’s not terrible. I often get samples of a few things and wear them outside of the store for a day or two because it makes a big difference seeing them in the car, house, work... that way I can see how well it matches before I spend a bunch of money on it. I hope you find a perfect match... if you do please let me know!!

thanks you! I'm going to try the Nars sheer glow 🙂

I got a deluxe sample of the Dr. Jart’s B.B. cream in my playbox which came in the color light-medium. I have a medium skin tone. It’s a bit on the lighter side but I can still get away with it. They have a darker one as well. You would probably do best with the light-medium one. It works well and provides a decent amount of coverage. I would swatch the product at Sephora or ask for a sample, just so you know it’s okay for your skin tone. Hope this helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing