Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

It Cosmetics CC cream - does it need a primer and what kind?

Just bought the It cosmetics CC cream. Is it best to use it on its own or with a primer? If it's better with a primer, which one? Any tips are much appreciated!

RE: It Cosmetics CC cream - does it need a primer and what kind?

I use IT CC cream most days. I personally have large pores around my nose so I use Benefits Porefessional everyday. And also set it with powder, either Laura Mercier or Bare Minerals mineral veil. On occasion if I’m going out or will be out in the heat I will use Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, which really helps everything last!

Re: It Cosmetics CC cream - does it need a primer and what kind?

@lb91 I've used both Benefit POREfessional and UD Optical Illusion and they work perfectly fine with almost any foundation I am wearing. The only time I run in to issues with IT CC Cream is when my brush needs to be cleaned, but otherwise it's great. I tend to get a bit shiny on my forehead throughout the day so I do set it with IT Bye Bye Pores, and that helps a lot too.

Perfect, thank you! I have combo skin and usually need to powder with any foundation I wear anyway. 

I feel like the type of primer you use depends on your skin type and what you’re concerned with. I heard you don’t need to prime? Its meant to replace moisturizing, sunscreen application and I think priming too . So it’s fine on it’s own. But I always prime. So when I do I use the Marc Jacobs coconut primer or sometimes the Smashbox photo primer and both workwell with the CC cream.

Yeah I haven't primed with BB creams in the past, but didn't know if it was different with CC creams. I like that Smashbox primer and the Bare Minerals Prime Time one is very similar, so I'll try those!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing