Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Help me find my shade!

So the closest match foundation I’ve found is Estée Lauder in 1c1 cool bone. Does anyone know how I can find similar shades in other foundations? I want to try something new.

Re: Help me find my shade!

@katem0 I wear 1C1 Cool Bone in Estee, if you need other suggestions beyond what others have given, I can tell you what shades I am in other brands.

Hi, @katem0. I'd recommend using Sephora's Color IQ to help find shade matches.

Here's the link: https://www.sephora.com/color-iq

If you do not have a Color IQ number yet, don't worry. You can search the brand you currently wear, select your foundation formula & shade, and then click "match me." You'll then see a list of foundations that have the same Color IQ number as the one you already use. You also have the option to adjust the shade (lighter or darker) and/or filter the results further.

Findation DOT com and Temptalia's Foundation Matrix are two other sites that work in a similar fashion. These are also good places to go if a particular match, shade, or brand isn't listed in the Color IQ system. You can head over to those sites to see what they recommend.

Lastly, I'd highly recommend swatching the foundation shades in-store. That would honestly be the best way to find a match. After all, these shade finder sites are not perfect.

I hope this helps!

That does help! But I can’t find the “match me” button when I’m looking at a product. Where is it?

Hi, @katem0. Here are the steps in a little more detail.

1. Right under the "Don't have a Color IQ number yet?" select your current foundation brand from the drop-down menu. Then select "GO."

coloriqselectbrandstep.PNG

2. A window pops up and this is where you select your current foundation formula. Click the "NEXT: Select Shade" to move onto the next step.

coloriqselectproductformulastep.PNG

3. This is the step where you select your current foundation shade. Once you make a selection, "MATCH ME" will be available to click. 

coloriqmatchmyshadestep.PNG

4. After clicking "MATCH ME," you'll finally be taken to a page that lists all of the products that have the same Color IQ number as the one you already use.

I hope this clears things up!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
  • coloriqmatchmyshadestep.PNG
  • coloriqselectbrandstep.PNG
  • coloriqselectproductformulastep.PNG
testing