Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation lovers help !

Hey guys! So I love the este Lauder double wear foundation! But it breaks me out so terrible because of ingredients! Now what is a foundation that is similar to it? And would you pick ferry foundation or peach perfect ! Thanks 

Re: Foundation lovers help !

@megstar17 

I love the SMASHBOX - Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating Foundation and it never broke me out. I was underwhelmed by the EL foundation to be honest, but it didn't have any negative effects on my skin.

Here are the ingredients of the smashbox:

Formulated without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Pthalates, Oil, Fragrance & Talc.

INGREDIENTS: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)]

@megstar17

What ingredient in Double Wear is it that causes you to break out? 

In terms of coverage and wearability, LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation

is the closest match I've found. 

I know it has a lot of harmful ingredients in it for your skin, they use ingredients that you can find in floor cleaners! My dermatologist told me that’s a lot of acne patients have in common is that foundation 

@megstar17 

was she specific about the ingredients? You can find water in floor cleaners and foundations for example. I am a bit wary of doctors that make such statements and don't really point fingers at what ingredients she is referring to so you can avoid them.

My husband is a chemical engineer in the personal care industry (he works with big brands that do sell at Sephora), so I'll definitely ask when he gets home.

From a quick glance it does contain parabens (Ethylparaben) and petroleum derivatives (paraffin). Paraffin is contained in floor products, but probably only the shine/wax type. The grade of ingredients is also different and a paraffin that goes on cleaning products  is of a lower grade and much cheaper than the ones included in personal care products.

I used that Lancome foundation for a while and would definitely use it again since I am not bothered by the ingredients, though when it comes to skincare I try to avoid petroleum derivatives since they are occlusive (unless I have a wound/rash/severely chapped lips, in that case the occlusive properties of vaseline or aquaphor are a life saver for me).

@megstar17

What are the ingredients in it that you can find in floor cleaner? I'm fairly certain thats incorrect.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing