Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation Advice

So I've had many experiences of difficulty in finding a foundation shade for my skin tone. I'm more on the dry/combination skin type. My skin tone leans more towards an light/medium olive color. My ethnicity is Asian and I have acne scarring, so I would grab for a more medium/full coverage foundation. Can anyone give me some advice to which foundation brand offer a neutral or olive skin tone shade? 

Re: Foundation Advice

I also second Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I'm Asian with light to medium olive skin as well and I wear Rattan 2W2 in Estee Lauder. Some other foundations with olive tones are Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in shade 6, Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in Sand, or check out EX1 Cosmetics. It's a brand that was made specifically to cater to olive skin tones. Good luck in your search!

Girl, you sound just like me!  Combo/dry skin?  Check.  Acne scarring?  Check, check.  Light/medium coloring with slight yellow undertones?  Check, check, check!  Anyhoo, I just picked up Too Faced Born This Way in "Nude," and so far I really like it.  It looks natural, is highly buildable for trouble areas,  and fits my skin tone pretty well.  But, best of all, it doesn't dry out my skin by the end of the day and the foundation hasn't broken up or disappeared in my more oily areas (t-zone).  I did start experimenting with adding one drop of jojoba oil to a pump of the foundation for extra hydration, and everything is looking good so far.  Just my two cents!  Good luck!

i've also been really enjoying the armani power foundation. it's medium/full and their shades really suite my asian skin tone!

I've been using the bareminerals barePRO which is a little drying but I mix it with an oil based primer. So far its been pretty good but make sure you test it in person! Their shade range it pretty good. For drugstore I use maybelline's fit me dewy foundation in natural beige 220. I would definitely mix and oil primer into your foundations if theyre a bit drying. 

Hi @ohmaitrang:

Below is a link for olive foundation swatches, I don't know if any of these would be around your depth or no?

http://www.shamelessfripperies.com/swatches/olive-foundations-swatches/

Some shades discussed in the post are Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in 6, Armani Luminous Silk in 6, Tom Ford Traceless Foundation in Fawn, Urban Decay Naked Skin in 4, and Koh Gen Do Aqua in 213.

Try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup Foundation. It works great and can be layered to be full coverage.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing