Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Fairest possible concealer... Help

I am a ginger AKA basically freckled albino in the market for a new concealer. I have been using the drug store brand Hard Candy 's glamouflage in their lightest shade but it is still pretty obviously orange on my skin so I have to put white powder over it. I'm literally too white for the color IQ... I don't have yellow OR red undertones. More like blue/grey. I suspect NARS chantilly will be too yellow judging by some swatches I've seen but I'm curious about Kat Von D and nudestix light 1. Can any fellow painfully fair folk vouch for either of these or offer any other recommendations? Thanks!

Kat Von D L1 matches my skin perfectly, and I am very lig...

Kat Von D L1 matches my skin perfectly, and I am very light (see profile photo haha). I do have swatches of a few concealers, so I'll attach that for you. Top is KVD White Out, then L1, Nars Chantilly (too dark and yellow), and NYX HD Concealer in Fair (straight up orange). This was taken next to a window on an overcast day.

Re: Fairest possible concealer... Help

Check out Tarte Shape Tape in the shade Fair.

Also, you can browse through some of the swatches on the pale/fair thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076

RE: Fairest possible concealer... Help

NARS makes a pretty pale concealer I think it's vanilla maybe it's lighter but it's really pretty maybe do some swatches in stores?

I use Kat Von D's Light 1, but her white out shade is VERY white, I would probably recommend her line for you because she has so many shades!

I'd go to Bobbi Brown. You said you have pinky undertones to your skin and she has some concealers that have neutral undertones that might work for you. I'm very pale, too, but I have more yellow undertones to my skin. Clinique also seems to have more pink toned concealers. 

RE: Fairest possible concealer... Help

@lyravega @blueviolet21 @lachaton Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated! This certainly seals the deal about Kat von D for me. I'malso ordering MUFO Y21. It's sooo hard to find a good match when 1Y01 is often too yellow but 1R02 is too dark!

Re: RE: Fairest possible concealer... Help

Haha I know the struggle @tb94! Here's MUFE on the left and KVD on the right. Sorry my arm looks SUPER red in this pic!!MUFE Y21, KVD L1MUFE Y21, KVD L1

@tb94 I agree with @lachaton , NARS Chantilly is way too yellow and warm, too dark. On me it looks bright yellow and very obvious. KVD has a great range of concealer shades, plus the white one that you can use alone, or mix with other product/s if needed. Here are some swatches, maybe they'll help. The first top swatch is KVD in Light 1 ( that's not the white one! ). The one below it is NARS Chantilly. I am very fair with cool, pink undertones. KVD Light 1 is a pretty good match for me.

concealers3.jpg

Hi, I hear you! I'm not a ginger but I'm pretty darn pale for what that's worth. I have the Kat Von D L1 and it is one of the palest concealers I've ever tried. It is way way lighter than Nars Chantilly and is a bit pinker than I'd prefer but for you it might work well. I am more cool olive whereas you sound like cool blueish. I like it reasonably well, I just find it a bit drying on my dry skin and I wish the undertone suited me better.

MUFE Y21 is a good concealer to look at though it may not offer the kind of coverage you're looking for. I find it kinda peachy on me (btw Y21 is paler than R20 for some weird reason). And I don't find it to be particularly yellow despite the name. @tb94

I have not tried the Nudestix either but from what I've seen it definitely leans pinker, and I've heard you do need to set it.

Idk if it helps at all, but an SA in Sephora the other day told me that "1Y01" is more or less semantics... they consider it a neutral undertone.

Hi @tb94

I also find Nars To be a little too yellow/warm on my skin. I think Kat Von D would be a good option for you to consider, especially with the white shade that's available (even to help lighten other products) 

http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-concealer-creme-P409985?skuId=1816156&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap409985

I haven't tried Nudestix so I can't comment on it. But a few other options might be the following : 

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Emhancer is a multipurpose product that can be used as a concealer and it's 2 lightest shades are fairly light! 

http://www.sephora.com/the-sensual-skin-enhancer-P393953?skuId=1697432&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap3939...

I've also heard good things about the Sephora Collection gel which has some nice lighter options: 

http://www.sephora.com/bright-future-gel-serum-concealer-P398009?skuId=1686211&icid2=products%20grid...

RMS un cover up in 000 (my current concealer- it's a tad neutral yellow on me, but I'm fairly cool toned. And this works well to help neutralize any extra redness!) I'm not sure if Sephora carries 000 anymore, but RMS is available elsewhere 

http://www.sephora.com/un-cover-up-concealer-foundation-P408972?skuId=1833516&icid2=products%20grid%...

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • concealers3.jpg
  • MUFE Y21, KVD L1
testing