Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealer brush help

I want to get a concealer brush to apply my tarte cc corrector and PM concealer. I usually use a sponge but would like to have just a little more coverage and feel like a brush might retain the full coverage level of both products more than a sponge. I have narrowed it down to the PM Sublime Perfection concealer brush, the Rare Beauty Liquid Touch concealer brush or the Zoeva 146 concealer perfecter brush. I haven’t seen any of these in person. Any suggestions? Thanks!  

Re: Concealer brush help

@mrsw09  This probably depends on how and where you apply concealer. But for my undereyes, I use the PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer Brush . It's a small brush that almost perfectly mimics my fingertip. It fits nicely into my hollow tear troughs, where I apply the most concealer. I love it so much, I bought a second one. 

I also have the Zoeva 146 brush. It's bigger than the PMG brush, so I never use it under my eyes. Eh, I prefer a smaller brush I can better control, since I'm very precise and strategic when applying concealer. I took some comparison photos last year: 

Brush head comparisons.Brush head comparisons.Zoeva concealer brush vs. small PMG concealer brush.Zoeva concealer brush vs. small PMG concealer brush.

I've never tried the Rare Beauty brush or seen it in person, so I can't comment on that one. 

@WinglessOne I keep looking at The PMG concealer brush. I'm glad you love it and I now am going to order one.   Great review. 

@WinglessOne Thank you so much for responding! The pictures were super helpful! I appreciate your experience with both brushes too. I think the PM would be better suited for how I want to use it than the Zoeva. The Zoeva just looks too big for my under eye area. I appreciate the side by side comparison. It really helped.

No problem, @mrsw09 ! I hope you enjoy Pat's brush, if you decide to buy it! Sephora's upcoming spring sale would be a great time to get it. 🙂 I might even buy a 3rd one during the sale. 

It took me a while to figure out what to do with Zoeva brush, other than return it or give it away. Since it also has a fingertip-type touch (heh, more like a thumb-sized touch), I sometimes use it to apply cream products elsewhere on my face, like Glossier Cloud Paint blushes and RMS Luminizer highlighters. 

It's a bit big @mrsw09 , but it works well for me under the brow bone when I need to clean up my brow

@faeriegirl and @SportyGirly125 Glad to know they are both good options. I am leaning toward the PM one just because it should pair well with the concealer, but still haven’t decided. Thank you for the responses.

@mrsw09  I recently got the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Concealer Brush  and I love it. 

Oooh, I was thinking of this one when I read the original post @faeriegirl , size wise is it on par with Pat's?

I’m curious if the size comparison between the two also.

@mrsw09 @danielledanielle  I don’t have the Pat brush but I saw this online 2289A38C-3445-4167-AA14-D1DF06C4FB79.jpeg

I measured my Rare Beauty brush and it is approximately 6.25 inches long and the top is approximately 1/2 inch wide.

@faeriegirl @danielledanielle @mrsw09  Huh, those measurements must be for the bigger PMG brush. When Pat first launched the concealer brush, it came in 2 sizes. The bigger one was available only if you bought it in a set with the smaller brush. I never bought the set, so I don't have the bigger brush—so, I don't know if it's the same as the one Pat currently calls a foundation brush. Hmm. 

Anyway, my PMG concealer brush is the little one. It's only 4 7/8" long in total. The brush head is 3/4" long and 3/8" wide. 

Thank you @WinglessOne! I had no idea it came in 2 sizes.

@mrsw09 Out of the three mentioned I have and use PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer Brush 

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos3
  • Zoeva concealer brush vs. small PMG concealer brush.
  • Brush head comparisons.
  • 2289A38C-3445-4167-AA14-D1DF06C4FB79.jpeg
testing