Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Color IQ problems

I'm having some problems with my color IQ and could use some advice. I'm fairly pale with pink undertones and have been looking into getting a new full coverage pressed powder. When I went to look for some using my color IQ (taken in 2014) I noticed that the shades being suggested under 1R06 seemed way too dark for me, I don't have time/capability to go into a sephora store and be checked again, I'm considering just going a few shades lighter to 1R04, does anyone have advice for a situation like this?

RE: Color IQ problems

I have had to go one shade lighter as well. I also think we pick the color we are used to. My sister is a makeup artist and when I saw her she told me my foundation should be a little darker. So I lightly go over my face with a slightly darker powder. You can order what the IQ tells you and if it's too dark for you return it.
Anonymous Insider

I have found some pigment drops to either lighten or dark...

I have found some pigment drops to either lighten or darken foundation and they've helped me to adjust foundations that look a little off. Try googling it because there a ton of different kinds. Body Shop makes some good ones. As far as the color IQ thing it's always off on me. I just do my best to find one as close as I can and adjust if needed. One day I walked out of Sephora looking like I had a yellow mask on. It was awful. lol

Re: Color IQ problems

I had the same problem!  I was "matched" to a shade much darker than my skin tone using their little device.  I questioned the SA who began applying that shade of the foundation I was interested in and she assured me it was correct.  I went to J.Crew right after and was horrified to see an orange face on my white neck lol!

But anywho, I've had much better luck going to Color IQ by entering in a product I already use and going with that Color IQ number.  Kind of like reverse look-up I guess!  Hope that works for you!

Whoa, hold up! How do I find out the Color IQ of my best foundation match??

Heres the link: http://www.sephora.com/color-iq

Then elect the brand you wear (a foundation you like the color of), the product, and the color. 

Hmmm I just explained this to someone earlier today @jennatar but here goes. Go to the Sephora site and type in color IQ in search bar. That will bring up a page which asks whether you have an IQ# or not. Since you're trying to match a foundation you already have, choose that one. Choose your brand and then choose the type you're using in that brand. Then hit the match me button and the color IQ# will come up along with all the various other brands available with that IQ. You can also use this method to find the correct shade of a foundation brand you want to try 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing