Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Can I exchange something I got as a gift?

I recently got the Kat Von D foundation as a gift from a friend but it is the wrong shade? i have used it maybe 2 or 3 times just trying different methods to lighten it and make it work but its still too dark. i don't have the receipt or packaging but would i be able to return it and get store credit so i can get a lighter shade? i just really like the formula and want the correct shade so i can actually use it lol. 

Thanks,

Zoe

Re: Can I exchange something I got as a gift?

Hi @Anonymous!

It depends on your local store.  Some stores will accept an exchange without proper packaging or a receipt and others will not.  If they do allow an exchange be aware that it is considered a "return without receipt" which, if done too many times, can prevent you from returning items in the future.

Anonymous Insider

okay thank you! this would actually be my first return from sephora so i dont think it would be an issue 

ElleElleG wrote:

Hi @zoecambra!

It depends on your local store.  Some stores will accept an exchange without proper packaging or a receipt and others will not.  If they do allow an exchange be aware that it is considered a "return without receipt" which, if done too many times, can prevent you from returning items in the future.

@Anonymous Good luck, I hope they allow you to make the exchange! (Be sure they know you just need a different shade!)

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing