Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Advice re Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer

Hi! I bought the small version on a whim at the end of the VIB Rouge Sale. My only problem is that it doesn’t seem to come with the tiny scooper that the full size includes. Any ideas about how I can get the “grain of rice” size primer? I do have the Silk Cream, & a small bottle of The Water Cream, and both have little “golden spoons” that I could use to get the right amount. Does anyone have any other ideas? I would be very grateful if you would share tips with me 😊

RE: Advice re Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer

so i have the same primer my fav! and i have the travel size as well what i did is i went to sephora and they have these small like spatulas by the tissue and mirrors and i just got one of those. haha it works perfect for me and it was free!!!!

Re: Advice re Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer

@shellyblythe I just use it as if it were like a lip balm by swiping with my finger onto my clean face. @makeitup305 's guitar pick suggestion is good!

@shellyblythe a guitar pick maybe? I use my fingers for the full size but if you wanted to be more delicate maybe that's an option?

RE: Advice re Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer

I bought the full size during the November sale.. I guess I’m gross but I’m lazy enough to just use a finger nail four out of five times. ( 9 out of 10?) It seems like you’re more concerned with getting the right amount out than a hygiene fix though. I wouldn’t recommend the tatcha spoons ( they’re so cute aren’t they! ) but a flatter surface would be best. Ok I really thought of this for five minutes or so. Use a regular spoon, but use the convex side. You want a tiny amount but nice and spread out on the spoon so you can easily get it evenly across your face. If you aren’t using fingernails in a month, I’ll be very impressed:)

Re: RE: Advice re Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer

Not really gross 😂

I do this often when I have fake nails, most of the time I'm carefully cleaning my nails to make sure I don't develop fungus. Probably cleaner than a spoon that gets reused 🤷‍♀️

@shellyblythe I’ve only used a blister pack a sample of this primer, but that didn’t come with anything either. I just took my finger and warmed up some product which seemed to work. You’d end up doing that anyway to rub it in. There isn’t really a way to get too much product since you’re not scooping it or anything. It’s a nice primer! I enjoy it, I just wish it had some SPF. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing