Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

2022 Color IQ

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Has anyone gotten scanned for their Color IQ recently? I visited a Sephora store today to shop for concealer and figured I’d get scanned because my Color IQ number was no longer in my profile.

Turns out the Color IQ formula has changed completely. I’m now “Light Medium 1, Warm 1, Intensity 2.”

How does one go about shopping for makeup on the website using that new “number?” Before, Sephora had a feature that allowed me to shop for products that fit my Color IQ, especially helpful for foundation, and now I don’t see it. 
Any help is appreciated!

Re: 2022 Color IQ

Mine has changed to light 3 something which is a light-medium and waay too dark for my fair skin. This new color IQ seems to be off.

I also have had this done twice now in the store. First I read Light 2 • Warm 1 • Intensity 2, Then yesterday I was Light 1 • Warm 1 • Intensity 2 (more pale as I do avoid sun even in summer). The first time I cam e straight from a gym class so I was a bit flush. The employee the first time put me in a cool foundation, despite me wearing yellow tones for my entire life. I bought but returned that cause it was clearly wrong-- gave me a pink cast that mismatched with my neck/body.

I went back yesterday and employee seemed to listen very well about what my difficulties were finding a shade that matched. I have very fair skin with mild rosacea so it's confusing. My undertones are yellow to neutral (looking less yellow as my skin ages and thins) and my over cast is pink on much of my face and chest from rosacea. After trying a few we landed with a Nars Neutral shade that seems to work well, though it may oxidize a bit. Hoping I finally found a good new match since the ones I've used for 10+ years (drugstore brand) just no longer work as my skin ages (I'm 39).

I had my colour iq done recently , on my face, even though I was wearing tinted sunscreen…. The clerk said that the new technology was able to detect the products without it having an impact on the evaluation….it turned out I became a neutral , but I was always someone with yellow undertones… the app gave her recommendations in concealers and foundations , she sent them to my email address/profile  but I could not access them as of today. What good was it to have my iq done?

Either the color IQ  isn’t what it used to be, or perhaps some cast members are not trained to use it properly.

I had a weird experience today though-  My skin is extremely fair , I am usually the lightest or second to lightest shade in most foundations and concealers. Today I did it for an updated color to choose a YSL touche  eclat pen and it matched me to a 6 - luminous amber. A gorgeous color but I have no idea how that color was remotely a perspective match for me.

The cast member insisted I try and it would be perfect but laughed with me once I tried it on.

so I asked to try the 0 and turns out it was perfect. The cast member was like oh zero must be the universal shade…

In the past I had great experience with the color IQ and I hope next time will work better

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing