Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Translucent powder

Hello, So I’ve been checking out reviews for translucent powders and I just wanted to know what product would be best for my Combination skin?

Re: Translucent powder

The only place I’m oily is my nose area. I use Beauty Bakerie Flour setting powder (the translucent non-tinted shade) on that part of my face. It works better than all other powders—including all “mattefying” powders—I’ve tried on my oily zone. 

For the dry skin on the rest of my face, especially my super dry under-eyes, I mostly use By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder. If I’m going to be someplace with flash photography, I use the Hourglass Veil setting powder instead. The Hourglass powder has no flashback, unlike the By Terry powder, and it works really well. But I prefer By Terry for its softening blurring effect, and it never settles deep into my lines. 

RE: Translucent powder

Thank you ladies I will have to try them out to see which one I like best! 😊

Hi @jenibuni,

I agree with @SportyGirly125, the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucentis one of my favorites! It is lightweight, very fine and sets my makeup in place to ensure it lasts all day! 🙂

@jenibuni  The first translucent setting powder I tried is still a good one.  Bareminerals makes one called Mineral Veil Setting Powder, and it's especially good if you have sensitive skin.  It also comes in four different formulas too- sheer, luminous, hydrating, and tinted.  It's also reasonably priced, and lasts forever.

https://www.sephora.com/product/mineral-veil-P61004?icid2=products%20grid:p61004:product

Hey girl @jenibuni! I have combo skin but extreme (very oily t-zone, very dry/occasionally flaky cheeks due to eczema). I absolutely adore the TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection. It keeps my oil at bay, doesn’t cling or emphasize any of my dry patches and leaves my skin really smooth, even where I have pretty big pores. It does have a peachy tint, but I didn’t find that to be noticeable on me, and I have medium skin. If anything it was better than some of the more stark white powders, like the Kat Von d, which I wanted to love but it just didn’t work for me. The only thing is that like all other products from the TF peach collection, it does have a scent, so if you don’t like the peachy smell or are sensitive to scents then I would go with the COVER FX - Matte Setting Powder, which I also use and like.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing