Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Skincare

Hi! Quick question: I recently started doing some skincare, and now I feel like l can give it a boost. Do y'all have some recommendations for combination skin (I have dry, oily, and acne-prone skin, especially on my forehead)? Many thanks for considering my request. 

Spoiler

Re: Skincare

Hi @itskathleeen ! A few questions to help us make better recommendations: 

1. What’s your current skincare routine (brands + product names)? 
  2. Do you have specific skincare goals or issues you want to resolve? What do you want skincare products to do for your skin that your current routine doesn’t handle? 
  3. Got a budget or price cap for skincare products? 

I also have combo skin, but mine’s mostly dry. My oily zone is just on and around my nose. My forehead’s almost balanced; it leans a bit oily in summer and dry in winter. Now that I’m in my 50s, I’m getting more acne than usual thanks to hormonal shifts. 😒 And my skin’s quite reactive/inflammation-prone and loves to throw tantrums at various irritating ingredients. (My facial skin’s nemesis is lavender in all forms.) Aside from reducing surface redness, avoiding irritation, and keeping my skin well hydrated and moisturized, I’m also treating hyperpigmentation. My skincare routine’s a mix of brands at various price points; I don’t turn my nose up at effective drugstore options, and currently my most expensive product is an Avene retinaldehyde serum. With all that in mind, I can probably suggest a few products depending on your answers to those 3 questions above. 🙂 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing