Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Primer

Any good primer recommendations

Re: Primer

I used to use Hourglass Mineral Veil but have recently become obsessed with Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 oz. Makes my skin a perfectly smooth canvas for my foundation and keeps my oil at bay most of the day (I really don't think I'll find a product that keeps it at bay ALL day lol).

Hi @Literacy13,

I suggest the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mLand the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL. I have found both work great under any foundation I am wearing. It helps my foundation last longer and look smoother throughout the day. Hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca 

Okay I keep hearing a lot about the veil mineral primer so I’m definitely gonna check it out because a lot of people keep recommending it to me I mean it’s pricey but if it can last and make my foundation go on smoother than I’ll definitely give it a go but thanks so much I appreciate your feedback 

RE: Primer

I would definitely reccommend the benefit mattifying primer. It’s a gel like consistency and holds my foundation up very well. Nice smell to it and feels nice on the skin.

Re: RE: Primer

Oh ok I’m definitely gonna look into it more to see if it works for me but thank you very much I appreciate your help 😌

@Literacy13 I’m really enjoying BECCA - First Light Priming Filter Face Primer these days. It’s lightweight, luminizing, and hydrating, but keeps my oil at bay and doesn’t make me break out. It helps my foundation go on so nicely. 

Oh wow really does it last all day because I work and I really want to get one that lasts throughout my day and won’t make my foundation settle into fine lines or look cakey 

Depends on your skin and also the foundation your using. 

If your skin is more on the oily side I would recommend Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL however if it tends to be drier then the Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.

Also another thing to consider is how you would like your foundation to look. If you want a more matte look then the Veil is a better choice; if you like dewy then the Serum. I sometimes use both - Veil in the oily areas and Serum around my mouth and chin since I tend to get drier patches.

(Foundations I've tried it with is Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick 5 Shell,NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz)

Yeah I keep hearing a lot of good things about the veil mineral primer and just needed more insight on it before I actually buy it. Do the luminous silk or the nars foundation last all day since I work I want something that lasts through my day and won’t settle into fine lines or look cakey so that’s why I ask 

I find that the Nars lasts longer then the Luminous Silk. Neither look cakey on me however I should mention that I use brushes to apply my foundations. I tend to stay away from the beauty blender- I feel that it deposits too much product on the skin , its bet to user it once you've actually blended your foundation out.

Also I noticed that the luminous silk tends to slide around and you really need to set it. 

@Literacy13 I always forget the primer step too lol but I’ve also heard good things about Tatcha and want to try it. But one that I’ve always loved in terms of “priming” your pores to look like they disappear is Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer .75 / 21g. I can’t speak to the making makeup last part because I don’t really know but if you have visible pores that you hate this is a must have. It’s lightweight but it is a silky balmy texture. 

Well I don’t forget the primer step but I just ask what are some good primers for the face that are lightweight and actually cover my pores because I have the smash box primer but it doesn’t work as great as I hoped it would but thank you I’ll definitely be looking into it and maybe give it a try just to see how it works 

Hi @Literacy13,

I'm not a primer person and usually skip it (I just use setting powder or a setting spray to make sure my makeup stays put). However, I've recently tried the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g and it's the only primer I'll actually use. lol  I buy primers and never use them all the time (same with shoes, ha!). It's a lightweight primer and has a smooth texture.

I like that it fills in my pores and brightens my skin instantly. I recommend applying this primer a minute after you're done with your skincare routine. I then apply my beloved bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation SPF 15 Fair Ivory 02 right on top.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Does the tatcha primer last all day and also is it lightweight? I just don’t want to get something heavy or something that’ll break me out though 

@Literacy13 It lasts all day for me. You just use a small amount and it melts into the skin. I also use it as my eyeshadow primer. 

RE: Re: Primer

Okay thank you for letting me know but I just want to know if it’s lightweight cuz I don’t want something that feels heavy

@Literacy13 Face or Eyes?

Face

@Literacy13 I like YSL Touche Éclat Blur Primer, MAC Skin Base Visage, and Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer.

I keep hearing a lot of good things about the veil mineral primer but do the other two last through out a busy day tho

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing