cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

November wedding makeup

Hi! 
I am getting married in November and will be doing my own makeup. I have been trialing makeup I have already but can’t find my perfect combo yet. I want I think what every bride asks for … long wear and looks great in photos. I have combo to more oily skin and really needing suggestions on moisturizer/sunscreen, primer, foundation and setting powder. I am doing more earthy tones overall and would love a new blush recommendation as well. I am going for a soft glam fall look. 

I appreciate the love and help in advance!! 

Re: November wedding makeup

Hi & Congrats on hitching up!

I too was married in fall, 13 yrs on Sun actually. But this is about u! 1st are you sticking with the lavender tones in hair for big day? I think it looks very nice on you ,but was just thinking a lot of “fall glam looks” have a tendency to push toward warmer tones. Since the cool lavender looks so nice you might keep in mind staying with cool tones on your makeup. That being said, photos with very cool toned make up on fair skin can leave one looking washed out or ghostly. I have been in beauty industry for sshh don’t tell 25 yrs eek..lol, and licensed cosmetologist for 16 yrs🤦🏼‍♀️🤪🤯can’t believe I am that old. Anyway, just a suggestion, have you considered easing up on the violet just a smidge and adding some platinum and cool beige blonde highlights into your lovely lavender? It might leave you in the cool toned family, but make it easier to find makeup options that blend, are glam without harshness, and look better in photos. It also adds a more timeless look to your wedding photos that allow you to look back without feeling like it was a specific trend that dates the photos. And in my opinion multidimensional hair looks beautiful on everyone, is more “forgiving” in photos and allows for more play in your makeup choices. Please don’t think I am criticizing your hair or look. I think it is lovely, I am just throwing out suggestions that may make your makeup and photo goals easier to achieve. I’m sure what every you decide you will be a beautiful bride and many years of love and happiness will fill your future. Best of all life has to offer-k     PS- make sure your maid of honor keeps blotting papers (I like Sephora brand and they are the most reasonably priced) and a mini extra strength no stain deodorant! I was in a halter dress on a rainy evening that was kind of chilly and I went through my deodorant before walking back down the aisle😱 I never have this problem but it’s your big day and you won’t help being nervous. I can laugh now but that was the stinkiest& sweatiest I have ever been in my life mor than b-ball practice lol. I ended up in the restroom washing my pits with paper towels and hand soap and reapplied my friends deodorant from her purse🤦🏼‍♀️So,  just from experience a suggestion and no matter what hiccups will happen. Looking back 13 yrs later, I can laugh and only remember it as a wonderful day. So, relax, enjoy, love and be in the moment bc when you look back it is just the first day of the rest of your life! The hard stuff comes later🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

@PandaYamasita congratulations 🎊 on you up coming wedding!

Thank you so much for taking time to help me!!!  I will be purchasing and trying out your suggestions and see what works! Xo

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing