Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Moisturizer help

Hello! I've never used this before and I hope this makes sense- but I put on a cerave AM moisturizer after I wash my face in the morning but then it seems to make my skin flake?? Honestly this isn't the first time this has happened and is also why I don't really wear foundation but I'm unsure on what I should use? Face was I currently use meet-blume and I have their serum too. I hope someone can help. TIA♡

Re: Moisturizer help

Hi @pikarumblee ! To make sure I understand: do you use CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30? 

Sounds like the moisturizer’s pilling on your skin. Pilling can happen if you apply a product over another product that hasn’t fully sunk into your skin. Normally I recommend applying moisturizer to damp skin to seal in hydration. By “damp,” I mean not bone dry but also not dripping wet. With this particular moisturizer, you might need to wait til your skin doesn’t feel wet to the touch—but also doesn’t feel dry as if nothing’s on it—before application. 

If this moisturizer still pills up, you may need a different one. I usually wear a separate moisturizer under my sunscreen because I have mostly-dry combo skin. But in hot weather, I can wear Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 alone as a moisturizer because it contains a couple of moisturizing ingredients. When temps rise here, I’ll try Eucerin Age Defense SPF 50 sunscreen as a solo moisturizer; I currently use it over a non-SPF moisturizer. 

Re: Moisturizer help

Yes I use that one and ohhhh! I put it on a bit after the blume serum so maybe that's it! Thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing