Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

How to Stay Matte

I have a huge issue with getting oily in my t-zone after a few hours of wearing foundation. I always use full-coverage, matte foundation with a primer and set my foundation with a loose setting powder. I use oil blotting sheets throughout the day, but my foundation still ends up looking terrible by the end of the day. What products can you use to control oil without aggravating your dry spots?

Re: How to Stay Matte

What's your skincare routine, @Kdubb12?

I just use a damp washcloth to get the dried skin away ha...

I just use a damp washcloth to get the dried skin away haha, I do use a lot of very drying products. My foundation has sunscreen in it, but I'm not always wearing foundation outside. Do you know of any products that can add moisture to my skin without making it oily?

I use products from my dermatologist. I use a gentle clea...

I use products from my dermatologist. I use a gentle cleanser on my face in the morning, and plexion cleanser on my face at night. I use zion cream after my shower at night. I moisturize in the morning before I put on my makeup, and exfoliate once a day.

Re: I use products from my dermatologist. I use a gentle clea...

What are you using as your daily exfoliator, @Kdubb12? And sunscreen? Since you mention using a medicated cleanser and an exfoliator daily, your skin may be dehydrated and overcompensating with oil production. It may be that you need to add some hydrating products into your routine whether a hydrating toner, serum, or oil. That could help balance the moisture of your skin and lower oil production. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing