Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Foundation

HELP! My skin is a combination of both dry and oily depending on the day and time of year. I used to wear water foundation by tarte sea breeze and recently I have switched to a rare beauty foundation by Selena Gomez. I found both these foundations leave a cakey finish, shortly after I apply the foundation it’s already off my nose and it leaves my eyelids looking funny with patches of foundation. I even bought the primer and setting spray which didn’t seem to help. My skin is quite fair and I have some freckles on my nose and cheeks. I also have a dark spot on my face so if anyone has any tips/tricks/suggestions it would be much appreciated. 

Re: Foundation

@smileysmylie I have combo skin more on the dry side, oily on the t zone and I use NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  

It could be the primer, foundation and setting spray isn't suited for your skin type.  It could also be your skin lacking moisture.  Do you use a hydrating spray like Caudalie Beauty Elixir before makeup application?

Re: Foundation

No I don’t use a hydrating spray I use another product from lush before and after. I just ordered a hydrating serum and I do use vitamin E oil too. Thanks for the recommendation I appreciate it! I’m headed to Sephora now to check it out 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing