cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|
Anonymous Insider

How do you master the art of blush?

I feel like I always end up looking a bit clown-ish.

Any tips?

Tags:

How do you master the art of blush?

My favourite way to learn anything is to go massively overboard with itso I get a feel for how fast it builds and when to stop. This means that the first time I try anything it's when I've got nowhere to be and lotsof makeup remover on hand. 😂 Just remember it's much easier to add more makeup than to take it away - use a light hand and make a few passes until you get the look you're going for. If you do end up with more on than intended, rock it anyway because colour is fun and you are fabulous!

Re: How do you master the art of blush?

@Anonymous @MistBerry made some good points! I might add that if you’re putting on makeup under artificial lighting that you grab a mirror and head to natural light to put on blush or to at least check out your application because it’s very easy to overapply without realizing until you’re out in public! I also like to use a big fluffy brush and use a light hand when applying. 🙂 

Re: How do you master the art of blush?

@Anonymous

A couple tricks I had learned over the years since I'm quite fair.
1) Make sure to tap off your brush
2) If it's still too strong, get a cloth (paper or washcloth) and lightly dust it over the surface.
Then apply! Some blushes are less pigmented to help with this. I can't think of any off the top of my head, at least at Sephora. But those couple of tricks should help some. 

Oh! And remember to blend, blend, blend. (And maybe dust a light colored powder foundation over if it's still too strong for your liking.)

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing