Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I am loving the Mattemoiselle lipstick formula and am now on a quest to collect all the mini lippies!  

011618fentybabies.jpg

Full size is Spanked. 

Minis are 2x Candy Venom and Griselda - I didn't realize that both the New Lip set from Sephora and the Ring in Gorgeous set from SiJCP both contained the same shade... oops!  I will use them both, though!!! <3

I love the formula too! Hope she comes out with even more colours! Maybe some metallics...

Ohhhh - Metallics would be lovely!  I agree, @k617! <3

Posting a lip swatch of Griselda here - I wasn’t going to redeem this, but since I was at a store today to pick up my Givenchy Lunar New Year lipstick and it was there, I redeemed it anyway!

It is indeed super dark and could probably be mistaken for black lipstick from far away. Not a work colour for me even if I am comfortable rocking darker lips at work. 

Slightly patchy but not as noticeable as I’d expected after reading the reviews of this being patchy. If I wipe off all the lipstick after a few minutes I’m left with a gorgeous berry stain!

9CD60339-B623-49B6-A780-2198C38035A5.jpeg

Gorgeous!   @k617

Thanks @Tamara76!!

Oooooooh la la! Drew me right in! This is gorgeous on you, @k617 ! Wow, what a stunner!

From the lipstick queen herself! Thank you, @lyravega! Heart

I may only be buying lip colors from Fenty from now on.

Every single other brand I've tried in the past three months I've struggled to find shades that work for me, but literally every Fenty lipstick I've bought has been extremely wearable. I'm super pale but have a lot of natural pigment in my lips so I experience near-continuous frustration with lighter shades being unwearably chalky, and shades close to or darker than my natural tone looking vampy or silly. I'm not a huge lip gloss fan (trying to give it another chance, though) so I have long resigned myself to a life of mostly sheers and tinted balms.

Fenty has put an extraordinary amount of effort into making sure their color cosmetics actually work on all different skin tones, though, and so for the first time in my life I'm finding actual colors (not just formulas) that I'm wearing out of the house, repeatedly. It's liberating! 💄💋

I'm so glad you like them! I only have Griselda, but Id like to pick up a few more shades. Do you have Ma'dam? (Sephora made me take the N out, haha) Some swatches appear to be an orange red, others seem blue based. I cant tell if i need it or not. 

Im pale too, I know exactly what you mean. That balm trick I mentioned in the other post will help lighten the too dark colors, as well as fix overly dry formulas. That will help use up some of what you already have. I also mix shades sometimes, if I really dislike a certain color on its own but am stuck with it. 

@Ashes810 I had been wondering the same thing... finally...

@Ashes810 I had been wondering the same thing... finally had a chance to swatch it today. It's definitely a blue-red, but not excessively so. Bottom to top: Griselda, Ma'dang, Spanked, Freckle Fiesta.

I got more swatches too! Spanked, Candy Venom and Griselda! I found Griselda as a 100 point perk in store, yay! I just wish it wasn’t slightly patchy.

81A6AED5-B896-41A0-80FC-AD987E28C07D.jpeg

AE42597B-27BD-445B-9EE8-69F6E2EFEC80.jpeg

D9C88235-C4D9-4758-A9A5-CA82E2CB5B81.jpeg

Oh, wow! I had zero interest in these 'til I saw that Candy Venom on you! So pretty, @sabrinas !

Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollie...

Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollient but not excess) then a bit of Griselda over it and rub your lips together. Start with just a swipe of lipstick on the bottom lip, rub, then add more if you want to darken. Youll get the most amazing burgundy color and a very even application. The balm didnt seem to effect wear time too much.

Re: Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollie...

@Ashes810  Brilliant, thanks!

@sabrinas They all look awesome on you!!

Sad to hear Griselda is patchy...I was just about to place an order to redeem for it yesterday but the item I wanted (The Ordinary Buffet) sold out during the time I was trying to decide if there were any other essentials I'm running low on...I don't wear dark colours like this often so ultimately decided not to place an order just to redeem for it.

Thought I'd post my Freckle Fiesta swatches here.

Fenty Mattemoiselle Freckle FiestaFenty Mattemoiselle Freckle Fiesta

Smashbox Always On "Out Loud" (top), Fenty Mattemoiselle "Freckle Fiesta", Too Faced Melted Matte "Gingerbread"Smashbox Always On "Out Loud" (top), Fenty Mattemoiselle "Freckle Fiesta", Too Faced Melted Matte "Gingerbread"

If you have Smashbox Always On liquid lip in Out Loud, or missed out on the Too Faced Gingerbread liquid lipstick, Freckle Fiesta is an acceptable alternative! On me it is slightly more brown-toned and less red-toned when compared to the other 2. And of course, if you liked the other 2 colours but don't want a liquid lipstick, this is a great alternative as well.

The formula is pretty good. Pigmentation is off the charts which makes application a tiny bit tricky around the lip line. I blotted the lipstick down and couldn't feel it on my lips for the first 2 hours, it wasn't until I ate something that it started to feel a tiny bit dry on my lips...not unusual for a matte lipstick.

It seems to cover lip flakes well and has not crumbled so far. I'd compare the pigmentation to a more matte version of NARS Audacious.

@k617, this makes me consider buying freckle firsta! Than...

@k617, this makes me consider buying freckle fiesta! Thank you for the photo!

This color looks amazing 😍 on your lips- beautiful!  @k617. I love this formula and it almost feels like you aren't wearing anything at all.  

Thank you @sarahshter! Yes, the formula is really quite good...so long lasting without feeling dry! Very impressed!

1,029 Replies