Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

career ?

anyone worked at sephora ? any tips or something ? I want to apply but I don't know.. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜

Re: career ?

Working at Sephora can be a rewarding experience for those passionate about the beauty industry. If you're considering applying, it's important to showcase your knowledge and enthusiasm for beauty products, brands, and trends during the application process. Highlight any customer service experience you have and emphasize your ability to provide personalized recommendations. Sephora values employees who are flexible, available for varying shifts, and have a positive attitude. Demonstrating your teamwork and collaboration skills will also be beneficial. Take the time to research the company and tailor your application to align with Sephora's values and mission. 
https://www.chic.ae/

Check out the Sephora careers website! Itโ€™s how I started part time at my first store, move forward a year and Iโ€™m already a lead at a new store weโ€™re opening. I really think thereโ€™s amazing opportunities with Sephora, and not just at a store level. Cooperate wise thereโ€™s always a ton of positions based on your work background/education and you can even start looking into LVMH, the parent company who owns Sephora, to see if thereโ€™s any other opportunities for you. Their website provides jobs from all the different companies they own. 

The best tips I can give you is to have a solid basic knowledge of beauty products. For example, know some popular ingredients that people look for and what those ingredients do. This goes for makeup, skincare, hair are, and fragrance. Definitely have a good grasp on makeup both in terms of products, what they do, but also how to apply it on yourself and other people because you will be asked for tips and tricks. You will get a ton of information during onboarding to better help you but itโ€™s good to know basics coming in. What helped me the most are YouTube videos and searching for different beginner articles online. 
Be ready for client servicing too! Youโ€™ll be around clients every day that your working. When the stores are open, you will hardly be just in the back after your hired on initially. Be ready to have a ton of great interactions with others but also be prepared to navigate difficult situations too such as finding a substitute for something we donโ€™t have or helping clients who didnโ€™t like what they got last time. Make sure youโ€™re comfortable working with a team and being a team player as well. A lot of the time we rely on each other for recommendations, teachings, and helping each other out through the day. 

Best of luck with your search and hope we can welcome you to the Sephora family eventually!

Confidence is absolutely essential, they teach you so much from what I've heard. I'm sure you will be amazing, also customer kindness is extremely important โค๏ธ.  Best wishes 

@QueenLola and @shamrocky - a few tips Iโ€™d recommend. I worked part-time at Sephora for several years. I had a little more than one year of prior retail experience (also part time) for Estรฉe Lauder at a department store counter before applying to Sephora. I also took some in person makeup artistry classes out of pocket for sun and to gain some experience.p and knowledge

For me, I regularly shopped at the Sephora where I ended up working, and I kind of got to know the cashier because she was just so lovely and pleasant. I asked her a few questions about working there and what she recommended about applying, and introduced myself.  When I applied, I listed her name, not as a recommendation, but just that she had told me about working there and how to apply, etc.

I think most positions are posted on LinkedIn for stores, but you canโ€™t go wrong asking in store and maybe even talk to the manager. If you do that, make sure you are dressed as one would be for an interview, though, and be professional. 

Overall, mostly people liked working there, but retail schedules can be tough and frustrating, especially around the holidays and I think thatโ€™s why a lot of people end up leaving. I actually originally hoped to move to San Francisco to work at headquarters but ended up working several years PT at Sephora until my FT job became too demanding with travel and time commitments to continue. 

Oh, they typically hire more people seasonally for holiday, so that can be a good time to get your foot-in the door, though there are no guarantees it will turn into longer term position. 

I would encourage you to apply and good luck! 

@sister13  Ahhh how did I not know that about you?  

@heartsmyface @sister13 I didn't know that either. I was just thinking today how I'd like to work at Sephora.   Do they ever hire people for just, like, 4 hrs a week?!

Not generally! I was able to go to only 2 shifts most weeks (like 5-9 on a weeknight and 12-5 or so on weekends), but it was after working a lot more hours for a few years. Ultimately , one of the reasons I left was they were requiring more hours from part time people and they were allowing the store directors less flexibility for employees who worked fewer hours. I was needing more flexibility for work travel for my FT job. I guess they felt the training, etc was not as worth it for fewer hours. And you still had to be available for more time over the holidays, like most all retail. I still consider going back one day, but weโ€™ll see!  @greeneyedgirl107 

@sister13 thank you so much for the detailed info!  It's most appreciated.   If you ever go back, we'd love to hear about it.  ๐Ÿ˜€

Of course! And I wouldnโ€™t discourage you from asking at a store, you never know what they might need or allow, as thatโ€™s been several years ago but I am still in touch with a lot of people I worked with and many had left for similar reasons as I did. @greeneyedgirl107 

Haha, I donโ€™t know! It has definitely been a while though! @heartsmyface 

i want to know too how to work in sepohra

well for me i currently work at the one near my house and they know me because I actually talked to the manager there before i even started working and the manager knew me because of that she told me to apply around feburaury and i did and i also asked questions about the place too 

RE: career ?

Spend some time watching YouTube videos, so many employees/ex employees share what itโ€™s like working there, tips for applying (and shopping) and so much more!

Go for it!! It never hurts to try

Go for it!! It never hurts to try
14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing