Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Ukraine

I know I haven’t posted much lately and I know this is very off topic from make up so please bear with me. I just wanted to mention you can make a donation to the Ukrainian government directly. Check out their Twitter @ukraine.  It’s verified, it’s the real deal.  They have their Ethereum and Bitcoin wallet addresses pinned.  If you keep scrolling On 2/25/22 they tweeted a link with more information and ways you can donate to them directly. 

if anyone has questions about how to donate to them (eg which exact link or how to get crypto) dm me and I’m happy to assist. 

Like the rest of the world I’ve been watching in horror over the past few days and moved to tears every time I see the sacrifice the entire country is making to defend their homeland. 

since I didn’t make it out to any demonstrations this weekend I figured the least I could do was make my voice heard by making a small donation. I hope this inspires some of you to make a donation to the Ukrainian cause of you haven’t already.  #StandWithUkraine 

Re: Ukraine

I'm happy to see such a post here, I'm supporting Ukrainian people and that's so important to share it everywhere

Agree with you. I have some acquaintances from Ukraine and the things that happened there are so scary, and these people do not deserve such horror in their lives. I'm happy to see that the leadership of this country is so strong and responsible, that's so important for winning this war. I'm a student of the business faculty, so I research this theme a lot because you must be a great leader to make your successful business. And their president is an example for me. He was a businessman at first, and I think it helped him a lot to rule the entire country.

It's unfortunate that Sephora hasn't made the move to support Ukraine when so many other larger companies have.   Shameful.  💙💛🇺🇦

Thanks for posting this, @itscarin. The news the past week has just been overwhelming and heartbreaking. I will say that seeing so many stories of Ukrainian resilience does give me hope. This is a good reminder, however, that this country and its people will need so much help in the coming days, weeks, months, and years. 

@quspork I’ve cried almost every day since this invasion started.  Respecting sovereign territory and autonomy is a basic cornerstone to our world order.  Violating Ukraine is not just an act against Ukraine but against sovereign nations every where. 

I know this is so off topic from makeup but this is something I feel so passionately about.  I think the US didn’t fulfill its obligations to Ukraine per the Budapest treaty when we allowed Russia to take Crimea, and that was a mistake that has only become more costly to remedy and will only continue to be more costly if ignored.  I’ve written to my US representative about Ukraine in the past.  

Being able to send some money makes me feel a little better.  For all the grandparents, moms, dads, and young people who are taking up arms to protect their homeland. 

I know everybody is in different places financially but just a thought: maybe skip a piece of make up or two and use that money to donate to Ukraine instead.  Every bit makes a difference.  There’s plenty of other NGOs to donate to, too. 

chef Jose Andres is practically a saint. He has the world central kitchen which is currently serving food to refugees from ukraine in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. 

anyway, the point is there’s a lot of ways you can help Ukraine. Write to your representatives.  Donate.  Express your support on social media.  Whatever you feel comfortable with.  

@itscarin  Thanks for sharing this. 🙏

#StandwithUkraine 

The war is still going on and brave Ukrainians need our support more than ever!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing