Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Thx you @JoSometimes 🌹

There was very low branch on my mock orange that was basically in the mulch, so I snipped it off and put them in a vase. They smell so amazing! 

0E07FD44-8AE7-4F40-BFB0-773934F9676E.jpeg

@sister13 What a pretty way of using a branch that was on the ground. Your vase, plate and artwork go very well with the flowers.

Thank you so much! @Mellmars1185 

Gorgeous, @sister13 ! 💐

Thanks! I feel quite sentimental about them because when I was home several springs in a Row taking care of my mom, I was always cutting fresh flowers and stems from her yard. She had the most amazing gardens with spring flowers, bulbs and flowering trees. 💗💗 @Titian06 

@sister13 , Our Mock Orange Bush isn't flowering any more, for several years now!  Such a loss!  Enjoy yours, the scent is heavenly!

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. Well, this one is brand new and it’s my first one! I wonder if it’s common for them to stop flowing, or do you think it’s not getting enough sun? Sometimes that’s an issue for some plants (I’ve read). @tsavorite 

@sister13 ,

I looked it up online, "Why do Mock Oranges stop blooming?"  It sounds like sometimes it's an issue of when you prune.   You should only prune in the Spring after the plant has had its blooms for the season.  Another issue is getting enough water. 

Ahh, okay. I hope it starts to come back for you! @tsavorite 

@sister13 ,

Amazingly, we are finally getting some blossoms, after years of no flowers.  We had a very wet Winter and a cooler Spring.  Your Mock Orange looks so pretty in your vase!

Oh yay, I’m so glad to hear!!! @tsavorite 

Win win @sister13  when you have beautiful flowers and smell amazing 🥰

Exactly! I tried to pick flowers for our yard that have lovely scents! @blackkitty2014 

IMG_3072.jpeg

The clematis on the side of my deck bloomed at some point during the week. I was outside a lot this weekend cleaning out my car and setting up a little play area for my kids and found a nice surprise. I used to have two but the other one didn’t do so well two wears ago and now it’s gone completely.

@JoSometimes Such a pretty site! I had a tree that didnt bloom for the last 4 seasons. I ended up giving up on it. Good thing the clematis made it!

@Mellmars1185 They really are pretty. I love how they just fully extend their petals open when they bloom. 

I’m sorry to hear about your tree. At least you have an opportunity to change things up now. 

@JoSometimes Thank you. New beginnings for my garden!

These are beautiful @JoSometimes 🥰

Thank you @blackkitty2014! 🌸

Oh wow! They are so beautiful and profuse! @JoSometimes 

Conversation Stats
Photos272
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg