Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Omg SO CUTE @Saradestin ! THIS PURPLE IS EVERYTHING 💜 

Your Hydrangea blossoms are gorgeous, @Saradestin !  I have never seen them in that shade before!  💜

Oh wow, those colors are so beautiful! That little one looks about like mine. Not sure whether it’s going to like this spot in the long run! @Saradestin 

Thank you @sister13 ! If it doesn’t like the spot, you know what you can do, move it, like I am doing so often 😅🙈

Exactly! @Saradestin 

That colour is so vivid and bright @Saradestin! It clearly loves the spot you planted it in.

Thank you so much @JoSometimes !! This soil is very poor so I have to create a rich and acidic one for them to be happy. And I think they are 💙💜🩷

Beautiful, @Saradestin ! 💜💜💜

Thank you so much @Titian06 ! 🤗 This year is not as beautiful as last one, but I haven’t been able to care for it as it deserves. I am surprised it still shows up every year giving me these beautiful flowers! 

One of the nurseries has a stunning bulb displays! Their sign says (basically) “if you like this, come back in the fall to buy bulbs!”

E2B8F179-E21E-40A7-AC63-F27F8FE6C889.jpeg43F79A94-CBA4-4E39-9C50-74980A303F31.jpegF75C788C-2684-4763-9A48-651385E38BCC.jpeg41145360-0BF2-43DA-A9D7-8C7AD3F93AD2.jpeg

And some from the mall a couple weeks ago:

38A34E2B-C702-4960-AAA5-CD9FD77C38EC.jpeg952CD2BA-E424-49FD-AEED-535A38C6104E.jpeg3A7EBE30-FBA5-4CD6-A7BA-23F9EB12044E.jpegD9BFB520-8A5A-4E20-8F13-60FB66B0F47A.jpeg7E049AC0-99B1-4895-831C-14AD17125C75.jpeg

@sister13 are the yellow ones tulips?!?! 💛 I feel like I haven't seen tulips in so long 👀👀👀

Yes, they are! Aren’t they cheerful! @jaaayp 

I love their marketing scheme @sister13. That’s a perfect way to get repeat customers. 

I know, right?! @JoSometimes 

WOOOOOW!! My paradise!!!!!! 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Isn’t it incredible?! @Saradestin 

Wow 🤩 good marketing 😘 I will for sure buy the bulbs if I’m local 🥰 @sister13 @Titian06 

Yes, they look amazing! @blackkitty2014 

Wow, beautiful, @sister13 ! 🥰

I can’t believe how packed in they are! @Titian06 

A lot of my flowers haven’t bloomed or come up but I planted these black tulips 4 years ago and this is the first year they came up! 

IMG_0238.jpeg

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos277
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
  • IMG_4391.jpeg