Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Romantic Comedies

I love a good romantic comedy or anything that deals with love and romance.

My top favorites are "The Notebook" and "A Walk to Remember"

Recently Netflix came out with a movie called "To All The Boys I Loved Before" and it was so good that I have to watch it again and read the books.  They are also releasing another movie called "Sierra Burgess Is a Loser" and I can't wait to watch that one as well.

Who else reads the books and watches the movie if it is based off a book?

Re: Romantic Comedies

Romantic Comedies are great to watch and feel good all over ..fun films I like are Wedding Crashers and Bridesmaids .  @SportyGirly125 

@CocoLancome28 @Those are great romantic comedies. 

Currently loving XO, Kitty ❤️

@SportyGirly125

I agree The Notebook is a great romantic movie! Most Nicholas Sparks novels are and tear jerkers too!!😭I think Ghost has one of the best "hot" romantic scene with the pottery wheel!!Whew!! I'm glad there are some out there that I haven't got to see. It seems great romantic movies are few and far between!😏

@SportyGirly125, I’ve not heard of those Netflix films but will have to look them up. My favorite rom-com films are How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, and Love, Actually. ♥️ 

@itsfi

I liked How to Lose a Guy  in 10 days too!! I've never given a guy a "love fern", have you?  I've watched 10 Things I Hate About You many times but I guess that counts as a "teen".movie! I'll have to check these other movies out because I guess I been watching more action films!!😊

10 Things I Hate About You is another good one @yankeefaithful!  LOL, I have not given a guy a “love fern” either. Hahahaha! 😂 Nothing wrong with action films.

RE: Re: Romantic Comedies

You should definitely check them out. You won’t be disappointed.

HI @SportyGirly125,

I have already watched ' To All The Boys I've Loved Before' like ten times because I am obsessed! I have passed along my obsession to my best friend as well. I hope a squeal is in the works, because we need to know what happens next!! I also now want to read the books because of the movie. 😛

I've also went to watch 'Crazy Rich Asians' recently and LOVEDDD it. I plan to watch it a couple more times! If you haven't already it is an absolute must. Like everyone else has mentioned the wedding scene was so beautiful and had me teary eyed.

Warmest regards,

Helen

@HelenBT @SportyGirly125 @ZakiyaBT  You guys are all talking about the 2 movies I’ve been dying to watch!! I actually made plans to watch Crazy Rich Asians this Saturday and I am prepared to be majorly wow-ed! 😁😁😁 honestly can’t wait!!

@HelenBT,

Crazy Rich Asians was great! I just got the book and I have read China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problems. I hope they make film adaptations of all of them! If you haven't read the books, you should check it out. 

@ZakiyaBT & @itsfi,

Omg. I've heard the books were amazing and will have to read them soon! I follow one of the actors on IG and she has confirmed the second movie will be in the works! I love Astrid and can't wait to see what happens with her in the next movie!

@ZakiyaBT @HelenBT, I read that they are trying to sign a deal with the 2 screenwriters for Crazy Rich Asians to work on an adaption of th second book. 😁

I hope so! That would be amazing. 

RE: Re: Romantic Comedies

I heard great things about “Crazy Rich Asians” and can’t wait to watch it soon. Everyone in my family has watched it and has said good things about the movie.

Hi @SportyGirly125,

I am OBSESSED with To all The Boys I've Loved Before! I watched it way too many times.  I just bought the first book and I think I will download the rest on my Kindle. It was so freaking cute! Netflix is killing it with their rom coms lately and I am all for it! Can't wait for Sierre Burgess Is a Loser, mainly because the guy who plays Peter Kavinsky is in it! I hope he is as charming in this film as the last. 

My favorite romance is Ever After with Drew Barrymore. I just love this version of Cinderella and I love historical dramas. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  I LOOOOOVE Ever After! Drew Barrymore is always so charming and I love movies where the strong female lead saves herself 🙂 

Hi @SportyGirly125,

Great post! I've recently become obsessed with the Netflix Series "Thirteen Reasons Why". It's based off a book by Jay Asher, about a young high school student who descends into despair. It's a mystery, dramatic series and I've binged watched the first two seasons in one night.

I've heard great things about "To All The Boys I Loved Before" and have that on my list.  I definitely have a soft spot for romantic comedies and makeup looks.

Nothing like a Netflix and Chill Night (while wearing a nice face mask from Sephora, right?!).

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

@PenelopeBT I have heard great things about "Thirteen Reasons Why."

I can't wait for you to watch "To All the Boys I Loved Before."  You will definitely fall in love with Noah Centineo and Lana Condor's character.  I hope they make a sequel.

I will definitely try the face mask while watching movies suggestion.  Sounds so relaxing.

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 88 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing