Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

How do people get free products to review?

I notice a lot of product reviews say “Received free product.” How do you get free products? Are these from Influenster or is there another app/program similar?

Re: How do people get free products to review?

💕@Helenalor💕 are the campaigns free?

@missaa8 @You have to put in a lot of work to get stuff. I started last year in April and do the daily task and only got 2 boxes. 

Yes that is influenster. The reviews were not written by those who spent their own money on the product, but rather by those who had been given the product in exchange for a review. The value of a good review has not gone unnoticed by beauty brands, and to boost their ratings, they’ve effectively infiltrated the system.

Yes most are from influencer

ahh thank you for asking this! I was so curious as well and have always wanted to try new things. All of the responses were incredibly helpful y'all. 

Hi Marissa. I've received many products over the years for free to review and then post pics and honest reviews on how I liked or didn't like the product. I've received everything from a brand new Keurig coffee maker to high-end foundation to hair care products - all from being a member of Influenster. I have a link for you to join but I'm not sure if that's allowed here on the message boards or not. 

I also just received free, decent sized household samples for free from Sample Source dot com - just fill out a questionnaire and you should start receiving items here and there, but when they send you a survey about your household, etc you have to fill it out so that they know what samples to send. 

I hope you have some luck getting freebies sent your way!! 

Have a great day!!

💋

I would like to receive the link 

I like to received the link

Hello, I would also like to have a link. Thank you forehead 🙂 

Hi there! Would love a link 

Could you send me the link too? 

Can you send me the link as well please?

Can you send the link to me as well? 

@rootbeeriiz  yes, Influenster is so awesome - I really didnt think I'd get much, since I dont do the whole 'social media', instagram thing...but I've gotten 2 full size bottles of perfume - 1 philosophy, and the other tom ford!!! the biggest size!!! 😃😍🤗

I used to be so annoyed at not getting free stuff from sephora, since I shop a lot and am rouge, lol, and also thought I was helpful and active here. (they claim it's for 'active' members', but of course, being active doesnt mean you'll get anything.)

but now, especially since receiving the full size tom ford perfume, I dont care anymore, bc I know thats better and more valuable than anything I'd ever get from sephora, anyway...

so, for anyone frustrated and wondering how to get free stuff, even after supposedley following the 'criteria', I wouldnt waste your time trying to get anything from sephora.

go to Influenster, instead.  you could spend the same amount of time you'd spend here there instead, answering surveys and stuff, and actually get something. 🤗

@treestar86 omg! You got a free full size bottle of Tom Ford perfume from influenster? I just signed up for them like a month ago and I'm 80% finished on my profile and there's a glitch in the page where you fill out your profile and I cannot save my information for like my hair type and face complexion type I don't know what's going on. How long does it take to actually get products sent to you from influencer I've been a member for about a month now

@roxifoxie yes!! 2!! It takes a few months...hmm, thats a bummer... ;/ I'd contact support!! 

Dude, Influenster's "support" doesn't do ANYTHING. I went to them multiple times because all of a sudden, I stopped getting ANY Voxboxes (the free products for reviews). I'd gotten a total of like 3 Voxboxes, and then waited a year after not getting another, contacted support, and they essentially said "shucks, that's too bad, we can't help you, keep waiting." It's been over 5 years since I've received any Voxboxes. They say your social media impact is what they look at to pick people to send the samples to, but my public Instagram has over 10k (real) followers, and they still just essentially ghosted me. I gave up on Influenster.

@roxifoxie @I have been a member for a couple of months. I do the daily task. Got sent an invite for about 4 boxes but never get picked. 

also, I've been seeing ads on FB for 'free samples' from different brands...got one from skinceuticals, and just 'signed up' for a couple perfume samples from tom ford and jo malone...so, I'd also check FB, too. 🤗

32 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing