From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations
View activity, savings and benefits
Redeem items, samples and more
View saved products
Recommendations from your store visits
Manage your services, classes and events
Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations
Payments, contact info, addresses and password
Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you
Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests
Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers
~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~
***All gifts have been sent/received*** Thank you for all of your support ❤
We promised you something magical and fun to start off the new year...and now the time to play is finally here!
Our previous rounds have been wonderful platforms for bringing us all together though our appreciation for beauty, treats and camaraderie. We're glad that you've decided to join in on the fun!
Positive Energy and Unicorn Love Always,
Mcakes & ZombieMetroAnt
Tips and Tricks
♥Ask questions! Anyone can ask anyone an anonymous question, that will help you get a better idea of likes and dislikes, haves and wants, etc.
♥When you purchase something, click "Mark As Purchased." They won't see it, but they might be using the same wishlist for other gift exchanges, so this can prevent them potentially getting the same gift from two different people.
♥If you got something for yourself, remove it from your wishlist!
How to ship abroad/add a customs label while still using online shipping:
1. Creating an account: First, you must create a free account on the USPS website. The paypal.com/shipnow site will not let you create customs forms.
2. Shipping Label: To create the shipping label, you want to use the "Click n Ship" function from the dropdown menu under Mail & Ship. Many of the directions from above are basically the same but the key difference is under, "Where are you sending to?" you will need to use the dropdown menu to select the country of choice.
3. Finishing the Shipping Label:Fill in all the corresponding information until the end of the form including the value of the package. The Canadians on the board may have more to speak to with this but I always kept this amount on the lower side so the recipient doesn't get hit with high customs fee. (average amount I would put would be $10-$20) A great feature is at the end of the page it will give you all your options for shipping. I can tell you on a personal note that when I ship to England I always choose first class international mail and I have never had a problem. Once again, delivery confirmation is thrown in for FREE.
3. Beginning the Customs Form: You will then get to a page that will you through step by step filling in the customs form. The first question will ask you to "Enter Package Information." This is where you can just write this is a gift box for a friend. You do not need to write anything more!
4. Customs Inventory: Next up is, "Enter Item Information." Okay, this one is a little tricky. If you want to itemize, and fill in every single thing in the box, you can. If you only want to do a couple, you can. I've done both over the years and both have been okay. I'm not going to tell you though that it will work every time so ultimately, the decision is up to you. Make sure though that you mark each item a GIFT so that the recipient does not get charged increased fees. Also, and this is IMPORTANT, the total that adds up for the all the items has to be the same total you gave on the previous page for the value of the box. So if you make something worth $1, that's fine! (Again, Canadians speak up hear if I'm wrong but my abroad friends always told me it was better to do this to reduce customs fees for the recipient.) Lastly, each weight of each individual item will need to add up to the to the total weight item, so I've honestly literally made up ratio numbers in the past. (I have never had a problem in years of sending packages)
5. Tarrif Number: Lastly, you do not have a tariff number so leave that blank. Okay, one last thing, choose your AES exemption. I would choose the second one having to do with gifts.
6. Obtaining the Label/Customs Form: The steps following this are similar to the ones from above except that I believe the payment options for USPS may also include credit card options as well as PayPal. Go ahead and print your label which will also contain your completed customs form. (Please note: you may need to sign your customs form before affixing it to your package) On a positive note, YOU STILL SAVE MONEY BY USING THE ONLINE POSTAGE SYSTEM!
7. How to actually ship it:For international packages, my personal advice is yes, bring it to the post office, and yes, actually check it in and get a receipt saying it was checked in by a postal worker. Since many international packages take quite longer than domestic and tend to get delayed at different intervals, you want to make sure that everything is okay when it first enters the system.
US can receive a gift up to 100 USD. If you send from Canada and mark your gift as 100 you are actually saying it cost you 100 CAD. Today Google converts that to 75.87USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.
Canada can receive a gift up to 60 CAD. If you send from the US and mark your gift as 60, you are actually saying it cost you 60 USD. Today Google converts that to 79.08 CAD. So your Canadian friend in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees.
I believe customs will check the rate on the day the item is processed. Seems Canada is at somewhat the same range recently but it does go down a bit. Just
things to keep in mind.
angel7594- gift received, thank you prettyinpa!
beadshopgirl- gift received, thank you MissPuff!
CC3616- gift received, thank you mermadelove!
ClassicallyFab- gift received, thank you mella900!
darkiceis- gift received, thank you ElleElleG!
ElleElleG- gift received, thank you beadshopgirl!
fatimamummy- gift received, thank you SpaceLlama!
gonerogue- gift received, thank you Ispend2much6!
heartsmyface- gift received, thank you PaletteAddict99!
Ispend2much6- gift received, thank you unfungirl!
jozkid- gift received, thank you Lazybeautybeast!
lazybeautybeast- gift received, thank you ClassicallyFab!
LCResz- gift received, thank you txcatx!
lipstick4soul- gift received, thank you LCResz!
Mcakes- gift received, thank you angel7594!
meganlisa- gift received, thank you myumew!
mella900- gift received, thank you ZombieMetroAnt!
mermadelove- gift received, thank you jozkid!
MissPuff- gift received, thank you ohheyitscindyk!
myumew- gift received, thank you Tamara76!
NotCrocker- gift received, thank you gonerogue!
ohheyitscindyk- gift received, thank you heartsmyface!
PaletteAddict99- gift received, thank you Mcakes!
prettyinpa- gift received, thank you veronika23!
Sabrinas- gift received, thank you Samtian!
Samtian- gift recieved, thank you Sabrinas!
shimmerbait- gift received, thank you fatimamummy!
sister13- gift received, thank you darkiceis!
SpaceLlama- gift received, thank you NotCrocker!
Tamara76- gift received, thank you lipstick4soul!
txcatx- gift received, thank you sister13!
unfungirl- gift received, thank you CC3616!
veronika23- gift received, thank you shimmerbait!
ZombieMetroAnt- gift received, thank you meganlisa!
Shipping Deadline: On or before Galentine's Day (2/13)
Re: ~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~
The glitchy website keeps eating my posts!!! I'm going to just leave this here and see if I can figure it out with my other laptop...
4th times a charm...
Unboxing time! @ohheyitscindyk really outdid herself, what epic galentine! You really know how to make a girl feel special 🙂 There aren't enough words for me to express how awed and appreciative I am for your wonderful gifts, and the clear love and thought you put into gathering all these surprises! You've made my day, week, month, and year! There might have been some tears in-between all the gleeful yelps 🙂
MASSIVE group photo above, the contents covered my entire coffee table!
Only thing missing from the photo is the mermaid mug, which I was using to drink my morning coffee out of 🙂 Everything was impeccably wrapped and tetris-ed in, I felt like I was reaching into Mary Poppin's never ending carpet bag, the more I unwrapped, the more there was!
I could not have picked out a better box myself! @ohheyitscindyk, you are amazing, practically a mind reader 🙂 I love everything and I'm so excited to dig into all these wonderful surprises, especially all the coffee themed skincare and the Paint Bar certificate! 🙂
Some close ups and highlights (the tea towel is essentially my life motto):
I'm wearing the flying pig socks today, using the mermaid coffee cup, swiped on Bite Puree and vegging out on my couch, eating Hersey Kisses while watching Olympic reruns 🙂 Galentine SUCCESS!
Thank you, thank you, thank you again to @ohheyitscindyk, still in awe of your thoughtfulness 🙂 And of course thank you to @Mcakes and @ZombieMetroAnt for another amazing exchange, you and all the BIC ladies make everyday a little brighter 🙂
Re: ~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~
@MissPuff Aww I'm so happy you like everything! I had so much fun shopping for you, your wish list and secret answers really helped me out with pinpointing what you like! And for a lot of the things, I stumbled upon & just had to get for you, like the flying pig socks.
I looked into drawing/art classes for you, but since 1) I don't know your schedule & 2) for a lot of them, you have to commit to a bunch of classes at a time, I figured a gift certificate would be the way to go. And The Paint Bar seems great for all skill levels, so I thought that at the very least, you could get in touch with your creative side in a relaxed setting (while drinking wine) 🙂
Re: ~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~
@ohheyitscindyk You are so thoughtful and really took all my answers to heart! I am still amazed and SO excited to try/use everything! I've got the pasta socks on today and I'm checking out my weekend schedule to get to Paint Bar. Thank you again for everything 🙂 You rock!