Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

save or splurge?

I was going thru my stash last night and discovered I had a wide range of price points for my products.  So I thought I'd make a question thread:  Which products do you save your money and which do you spend (an obsene) amount on?  

I used to save on shampoo and conditioner, but now that is a total splurge for me.  It really makes a difference for my hair.   I also splurge on eye and night cream as I think this is the most important part for me.  I also will splurge on foundations, and eyeshadows/liners.  

I tend to save on soaps and body washes, lotions, and lip gloss and chap stick.    I also save on shaving cream, nail polish remover, makeup remover wipes, and cotton balls.  (Although I just threw in a Sheseido cotton pack when at Ulta because I had to see what the hype was about.)  I also save on sunscreens and hair oils- although I'm all over the Macademia oil from Ulta tomorrow- love that stuff!)

I plan to edit this as I think of more items...

Edit:  I also save on mascara, micellar water, face masks, and skincare from The Ordinary (lately).

Re: save or splurge?

@Asche I agree with the brow gel. As great of a job it does, my cheaper one works just as well for me and I've never had a problem with it. It's also a tint that matches my hair nicely sooo I really can't bring myself to leave it!

XOXO,
Marieke

@makeupobesessed@Asche totally agree about the mascara! i think the last time i purchase was like 5 years ago.

It's also supposed to be better to live off of the sample mascaras because the amount of product they hold help monitor when you are actually supposed to toss it (~3 months, that's how long my samples usually last). plus the fact that i didnt pay for it makes me feel better when i toss it vs trying to extend the life 

@Asche    I also save on mascara!!!  I live on samples!

65 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing