Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What samples do you really want to try IRL?

So, I just mentioned my frustration to @CorgiMommy that I rarely receive samples of products like I truly want to try IRL.  And that got me thinking: what products are you all desperate for a sample of that you could put to very good use?

greeneyedgirl107_0-1714518582899.png

Re: What samples do you really want to try IRL?

@greeneyedgirl107 I am all for perfume samples...though I don't go through them anywhere close to how fast I get them haha. The one I really want to try most is KILIAN Paris Blue Moon Ginger Dash 1.7 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray 

This is such a good idea for a thread @greeneyedgirl107 ! I have far too many samples to go through right now, but of course I am always eager to try more 😅 and there are definitely some products that I'm interested in that I would love a chance to sample first! Just going through my loves list, here are some I would love to be able to sample before committing to a full size:

Youth To The People Superfood Skin Drip Smooth + Glow Barrier Serum with Kale + Niacinamide 1 fl oz ...  (I actually applied for the promo offer for a sample of this with my recent order, so fingers crossed I'll actually get a chance to try this one!)

Youth To The People Superfood Omega Hand + Body Lotion with Kale + Green Tea 13.1 oz / 385 mL(I like this brand, but I don't want to commit to a full size lotion without being able to try/smell it first, especially at this price)

OUAI Hair Gloss In-Shower Shine Treatment 6 oz / 177 mL 

Alpyn Beauty Super Peptide & Ghostberry Moisturizer for Eczema, Barrier and Wrinkle Repair 1.7 oz / ... 

RANAVAT Lotus Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz / 100 mL 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Eau de Parfum  (I want to try this one, but even the travel size is almost $40! It would be nice to have a smaller sample to try first)

Not at Sephora: Billie Eilish Eilish No. 3 eau de parfum (there's no travel size available, and I don't want to blind buy the FS, especially since her other two perfumes ended up not being FS-worthy for me)

@CynthieLu I LOVE the idea of moisture and control!!!

Right? It would be great to see what it's like. I found Oribe Mini Gold Lust Transformative mask 1.7 oz / 50 mL from a sample and it is something my hair *loved* 😍 I'm very curious to try more.

Have you tried much from the brand? @greeneyedgirl107 

@CynthieLu I haven't tried a single thing!

What samples and GWP are you hoping to see released @greeneyedgirl107 ? 🎁💝

@CynthieLu I'll take one of everything!  Realistically, maybe the new Yves Saint Laurent YSL Loveshine Lip Oil Stick in blister packs

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

tarte maracuja juicy lip vinyl 

Just off the top of my head!

Ooh yes to those ones! @greeneyedgirl107 The new YSL would be so nice too try. 😍

@CynthieLu Oribe samples would be cool, their stuff is pricey so the only way I would use it would he samples first.

@CorgiMommy  I would also love to sample Tatcha The Indigo Cleansing Balm Moisturizing Makeup Remover 1.9 oz / 54 g  and Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' From the Garden Eau de Toilette ! I won't buy from Maison Margiela since they are not cruelty free, but I am happy to try a free sample if I can get my hands on one, and that particular EDT sounds really interesting to me.

@caitbird I didn't realize they weren't cruelty free.  You opened my eyes.   Thanks 

@CorgiMommy  according to Ethical Elephant (a cruelty-free resource site where I often check whether brands are CF or not), MM (and L'Oreal, their parent company) do not test their products on animals themselves but *do* allow their products to be tested on animals where required by law (i.e. in mainland China). So, not cruelty-free ☹️

Good picks! Since Tatcha The Indigo Cleansing Balm Moisturizing Makeup Remover 1.9 oz / 54 g isn't available for sale in Canada the only way I get to use it is in samples @CorgiMommy I've tried it twice from foils. I really enjoyed it. I'd love it to start being available as a larger GWP 🙏

@CynthieLu I haven't sampled it.  Can you get it through Tatcha directly?

I just don't like to order and pay duties etc.. and deal with the hassle of shipping from another country, it's sooo unappealing to me. I have made exceptions but I generally won't do it. @CorgiMommy 

@CorgiMommy that Garden EDT does sound promising!

@greeneyedgirl107 I really want to try it,  may have to pop on the store to sample.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 50 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1714518582899.png
testing