Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Wedding makeup

Hey guys and gals! What makeup products did you wear on your wedding? 

Re: Wedding makeup

@MorganJH 

I did my own makeup for my wedding. 

Wedding makeup is different than regular makeup because of photographs that will be taken and you don’t want your makeup runny when crying. I learned in makeup school to apply waterproof mascara  and also to apply your makeup a little heavier than you normally would because of the flash photography which can wash your makeup out.  Also it helps to lock in the Makeup with a setting spray and blotting your lips after applying lipliner all over the lips and lipstick on top for more staying power. Here is an example of some of the things I have used for that day or that will work 

-Primer-YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat Blur Primer over the face but MAC Skin Refined Zone in the t zone

-For extra glow I use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Wonderglow Face Primer on the center of my forehead and apples of my cheeks

-Foundation-I mix my foundations together.  La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation with NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation with beauty oil. Sometimes I add extra glow with CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Hollywood Flawless Filter on the center of my forehead and on top of my cheekbones. You can also use makeup forever foundation which I love as well 

-Concealer-I use Cle de Peau in 2 different shades

-Setting Powder- I use HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder under my eyes, MAC Blot powder for my t zone and CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder for the rest of my face.

-Contour-for party looks I like to use a Nars concealer stick 2-3 shades darker then my foundation or Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel by the side of my hairline and under the cheekbones

-Bronzer powder-GUERLAIN - Terracotta Bronzing Powder in a 3 shape

-Contour Powder-KAT VON D - Shade + Light Face Contour Refillable Palette by side of hairline and under cheekbones

-Highlight-CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Bar Of Gold Highlighting Palette Nars Fort de France on the top of cheekbones, center of nose, and cupids bow

-Blush-Chantecaille Emotion on the cheeks

-Eyebrows-MAC Brun eye shadow, ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Brow Wiz and Anastasia clear brow gel.  Clean up the brow area with a q-tip or concealer

-Lips-CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Iconic Nude,PAT MCGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss - Flesh Fantasy with PAT MCGRATH LABS - LUST: Lip Gloss - Flesh Astral on the center of the lips.  You can always go with a red lip like MAC Ruby Woo.

-Eye Primer-MAC Prep and Prime 24 Hour Eye Base

-Eye Shadow-For party looks I like using MAC Tempting all over the lid, blending the crease with MAC Bamboo, putting MAC Brun in the crease and blending the crease with MAC Brown Script.  Sometimes I will put a little gold on the center of the lid with MAC Pigment in Old Gold.  Whatever colors you uses on top mimic on the bottom lashline

-Highlight Eyes-Use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Bar Of Gold Highlighting Palette to highlight inner corner of eyes and under the brow bone

-Liner-line the lashline with KAT VON D - Tattoo Liner  If you wanted to make your eyes more awake use CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Eye Cheat

-Eyelashes-apply falsies.  I like a Ardell 110 or House of Lashes Natural

-Mascara-YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara

-Setting Spray-Morphe setting spray

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing