Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Travel Beauty Thread

(January 2023) Thought I’d resurrect this thread, now that there’s a bit more possibility of travel these days! I would love to live vicariously and learn from fellow BICers, so please post any tips, pics, and/or your fave travel minis or routine!  I’m still not doing a lot of travel these days, but may post some pics and notes from past trips.  💗💗💗

—————

Since the old travel thread sadly got lost in the switchover (😢😢😢) it was suggested a while back, and I’ve been meaning to get a new one started. If there is one already for this, let me know. I travel a bit for work and for fun, and I love checking out beauty stores and seeking out exclusive or hard-to-find items in different places around the world. Some of my favorite makeup destinations have been the Face Powder and Perfume Museum in Torino, Italy (a surprise find) and the Les Merveilleuses Laduree in Tokyo. I have relied on great tips from other BT/BICers on many of my trips, especially Toronto and Tokyo, so I would love to keep this updated as a resource for BIC.

Please share your discoveries, store reviews, pictures, purchases, and travel tips, and I’ll try to keep and update summaries here in the main post for future reference. If you don’t have a chance for much travel, feel free to share your favorite beauty destinations in your home city. I plan to update with photos below from various trips as I have the chance to organize my archives and update. What do you guys think? Feel free to make suggestions on how to organize this thread, too, it might be a bit of a work in progress. Thanks and happy travels BT/BIC!

Re: The Travel Beauty Thread

@CakesCakes,

Soooo pretty!!! The colors in the photos are amazing!

❤️ Melissa

@CakesCakes, wow, stunning photos!  I’m so sorry I’ve been out of touch on the thread, partly because my travel schedule has been crazy this year.  This place is going on my bucket list for sure! I’ve been to south of France but only the north of Italy, so I need to get to the southern coast one of these days.  You look so beautiful and relaxed, what amazing scenery!

Hi @CakesCakes,

Wow, amazing photos! I hope you're having a wonderful time in Italy. Thank you for sharing these photos with us. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Beautiful photos, and you look blissful @CakesCakes! It is gorgeous there. I did a day trip along the amalfi coast while staying in Sorrento. My favorite shopping memento was a pair of custom-fitted sandals (I got mine in capri, but I also saw stores offering this in Amalfi. They measure the leather straps around your foot, then hammer it all together right there).

From the car on the twisting Amalfi drive, I saw a restaurant down the cliff in a small beach cove. If I ever go back, I would check that out. It is called Ristorante Santa Croce, and is only reachable by boat..there is a free boat from Amalfi, Molo Darsena. From what I could tell, this restaurant is casual and has beach services like chairs, umbrellas, and kayaks. There is a more formal looking restaurant on the same beach called Da Teresa. Both look yummy and beautiful.

Chantecaille has a perfectly designed collection for you called Summer in Positano! 

Photo from British Beauty BloggerPhoto from British Beauty Blogger

@playingdressup, these are absolutely gorgeous !

@CakesCakes, you look happy and beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

@CakesCakes, both you and Italy look beautiful!  Enjoy sightseeing! 

Beautiful photos @CakesCakes, and your skin looks 💯 💯 

@CakesCakes 

Your pics are amazing!  I've always wanted to visit the Amalfi Coast!  I'll live vicariously through you!  Have a fabulous time exploring the area!

I love your photos @CakesCakes! Have a fabulous time! ❤️

@CakesCakes  Oh, your pictures are breathtaking!! This really makes me want  to go to the Italian coast!! Have fun exploring and look forward to seeing more pics!!😄

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I’m going on my longest flight ever tomorrow! I’ve got a work trip to the Philippines and the LAX to Tokyo is almost 13 hours. So, to prepare, I’ve got an in-flight bag of moisturizing products to help with the airplane air. 

Looking forward to to having some pictures to contribute next week!

27F27E20-01BF-4795-BE72-529B57E8DF37.jpegD5DA86C3-B9F9-4726-B966-8AD19DE0DADA.jpeg

RE: The Travel Beauty Thread

This doesn’t have any store reviews or purchases...but Haiti in July is amazing for the skin (as long as you have excellent sunscreen and bug spray). The humidity made me very cranky but I came back with nice, hydrated skin and lots of great pictures and memories. I can’t post any pictures of myself because they’re all with other people and I don’t have their permission to post online.

Re: RE: The Travel Beauty Thread

Thanks for sharing the beautiful scenery! It’s nice when you get to see more of the countryside and not just the crowded cities. Im glad you had a great trip and hydrated skin. I was in Japan last year and it rained 9 out of 10 days but I looked 10 years younger, so I wasn’t complaining! @ChristineR07

Re: RE: The Travel Beauty Thread

It is amazing how that works @sister13. It's just a horrible truth for me that humidity makes me insanely cranky. 🙂 

So good to have this thread in the new community! 

After a good 9 months of hemming and hawing, my mother just recently booked a trip for her and I to go climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in September. Apparently it's been on her bucket list (the list in itself was news to me as she'd never mentioned it).

I'm so pumped. 

tenor

Wow!!!! That is way too cool @etscore1!!! Have a good trip with your mom and dont forget to post pictures when you get back 😉

Have fun @etscore1!! 

It's funny how parents don't like to tell us these things.  My dad just mentioned that he's wanted to go on a safari for years.  

@sister13 Aaah thanks for restarting this thread!! ✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

@sister13 How fortuitous! I just got back from a quick London jaunt for business and forgot how much fun it is to get away (even if it is just for work). I take hilariously awful pictures (if I remember at all) and they're usually of inane things like the supermarket. I love reading about other people's travel experiences, especially for places I've never been, so I'm bookmarking this thread asap 🙂

I'll post a better recap later, but for now, I'll leave you with my two most random photos from London: Me in front of the National Gallery next to a giant thumbs up sculpture (and I think the Canadian embassy?) and scotch eggs from M&S.

Oh Canada!Oh Canada!London is the land of prepared foods! Whatever your heart fancies, they've got it!London is the land of prepared foods! Whatever your heart fancies, they've got it!

@MissPuff - I love London so much!  There's just something about that city.  I told my boss that we should open up an office there and that I volunteered to go over and get everything set up and be the point person there.  It shouldn't matter that we don't have international business. 😉

437 Replies
Photos245
  • Beautiful sunset!
  • Iconic scene along Mariahilfstraße on the River Inn.
  • Mermaid Tails and Fins! Whole racks of them!
  • D3C937C6-07DE-4133-A427-6BF4A1AE802C.jpeg
  • More mermaid-y stuff!
  • Lovely shop Grüne Erde, with Natural Beauty and housewares.
  • Lovely skincare and cosmetics section.
  • The whole place was lovely, I especially loved the bulk herbs at the cashwrap! Sehr schön!
  • Bought a makeup remover and gentle balm cleanser, got samples and a free lavender sachet.
  • 6E5695B7-DF6D-44FC-9742-DF648E454E09.jpeg
  • This Weigano Perfumerie and Kosmetik surprised me. Tiny store front but a long narrow store inside packed floor to ceiling with prestige fragrance, cosmetics and skincare. I could have spent hours here. They had a wonderful German perfumer featured Lengling, and I’m hoarding some samples until I get back to Germany/Austria next time.
  • Weigano.
  • Weigano, the store went back like 3x this length. Heaven!
  • Nägele & Strubell (Nails & Brushes) is another high end Austrian shop/chain. They carried Annick Goutal, and some Middle Eastern fragrances that were new to me. Lots of variety.
  • Oh Canada!
testing