Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Hi there! I have been on the hunt for a concealer that won’t crease. I’ve tried the shape tape by tarte, nars sheer matte concealers, nars creamy radiant concealer, and age reverse concealer. I love the creamy radiant concealer, but it runs out so quickly. The Nars matte concealer is my favorite overall because it last quite a while and when you warm the product up, doesn’t crease as bad, but still would like an improvement! Does anyone have a trick or technique to decrease under eye creasing or a better concealer? I’m willing to try anything. Thank you!

RE: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Maybe the powder you use to set your concealer is too drying for your skin and makes it crease. Also it could be a problem with skincare and not the make up. Which up with eye creams and see if that helps.

Re: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Okay seriously Pretty Vulgar has the best concealer. It's hydrating and doesn't crease and its full coverage! Its the best formula and its so underrated!

RE: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

I have all those concealers and love them! Are you applying an eye cream before hand? That’s key to keep that area hydrated so later on it won’t crease or crack. Also, another great concealer from the drug store is Maybellines age rewind concealer, also one of my favs and lasts a long time

@nikkiettig I agree with @gonerogue!  Tarte Shape Tape is my holy grail concealer and Nars Creamy Radiant is probably second on my list.  I use a little primer under my concealer and then blend a little foundation over it, set with some powder and then spritz everything with setting spray and I don't get creases.  Good luck! ❤️

RE: Re: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Hi! In love with your tips! Thank you!

Hi there @nikkiettig,

All of the concealers you have tried are very good concealers! May I ask if you are setting the concealer with a good translucent or brightening powder? If you aren’t, that’s probably why your concealer is creasing. Let me know so I can give you some tips 🙂

I agree that those are all good concealers. I myself is u...

I agree that those are all good concealers. I myself is use Shape Tape or Mufe Full Cover concealer then Laura Mercier trans loose powder to set. As for tips..my routine consists of a good eye cream. I don't use eye primer, I figured properly hydrating your undereye works just the same to prep the area but I do Correct using the Becca corrector for my hereditary dark circles. I also never bring my foundation up under the eye area. It adds another layer of product, this also means it adds texture you don't need. After my corrector, I use a tiny bit of Shape tape (less is more) and blend using the tip of my bb sponge. Then with that same sponge, immediately dip it in the LM loose powder, TAP OFF EXCESS and press under the eye area to absorb the excess moisture from the concealer and meld everything together. Now, I don't "bake" like the process you see most ppl do on YouTube, where they use an obscene amount of powder then leave it for 2mins and brush off. I have tried that technique and my undereye looked extra dry and wrinkly. Anyway, that's pretty much it. Give it a go and see if it works for you. Hopefully it does.

RE: Re: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Hi there! Thank you so much for your reply! I am setting with Laura mercier translucent setting powder! 🙂

Re: RE: Re: Concealer that DOESN’T crease!

Hi.  My first post :).  This caught my interest because I suffered the same thing. It may actually be your setting powder.  I used Laura Merciers brightening powder as well.  But between dry skin and getting older, I started having the same issue.  What works for me is making sure you use a good eye cream (I use Bobbi Brown’s extra eye balm at night and Laneige water bank during the day), then concealer (I use Amazing Cosmetics hydrating concealer) and then set with By Terry hyaluronic powder.  This powder is actually hydrating and I find it makes all the difference.  Hope it helps!

You are setting with a powder and it’s still creasing? Hmm.. that’s odd! I do the same as @Tamara76 does when she does primer, concealer, foundation, powder and setting spray and I don’t get the creasing issue. I apply my setting powder with the tip of my beauty blender and press it onto my skin. Maybe you can try that technique? Let me know if it works for you!

Same, @gonerogue!   I use my beauty blender micro mini to set the powder under my eyes, too!  

I am currently using Cover FX setting powder, @nikkiettig @seekingtruth if that helps!   Good luck! ❤️

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing