Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

APPRECIATION FOR SEPHORA PRO PALETTES

HOLY MOLY is all I have to say about these 3 palettes that came out.

The Warm Palette was the first one I saw a couple months back and it looked gorgeous! Plus half the price of what it could be a dupe for...The Sunset Palette. But then I saw pics of the Editorial Palette and I FAINTED. BEAUTIFUL. Of course, I was hesitant on getting any of them because the price is still pretty steep and I hadn't caught wind of how they performed, but seeing how all 3 have almost all 5 star reviews gave me some confidence. SO the first one I got was the Editorial!

FullSizeRender 49.jpg

*CRIES IN SPANISH* THE ORANGE IS SCREAMING MY NAME!!!!

I was fangirling with an SA in store about it since they were putting out a tester when I asked if there were any in stock and it was the first time she ever saw it as well - and we were both astonished with the quality. This is TOP NOTCH. The true test of these palettes is how well the bright, colorful shades perform and these do NOT disappoint. My brushes (nameless, low-end to high end) picked up the shadows so well and they blended like a dream! The foiled shades are sublime and honestly, this was the best beauty purchase of this year and best shadow palette purchase of all time!!!! 

ALSO: The packaging!!!! It's so sturdy and sleek and the mirror is fantastic! BRAVO, Sephora!

Did any catch your guys' eye??? Getting one, two, all three? I'm thinking of getting a back up of this baby and the warm palette!

The cool tones didn't really call to me too much. I wish there were more green and blue tones in that palette 😕 

Re: APPRECIATION FOR SEPHORA PRO PALETTES

Recently did a look following the little guide provided!

(Please don't mind the obnoxious Snapchat filter; I wasn't really feeling my face makeup and what's better than 1 eye?! 6 eyes!!

Spoiler
FullSizeRender 51.jpg

@ashanizer I'm interested in the Cool palette, but I get overwhelmed when palettes are this large b/c I don't know what colors to pair together.  I read that there is a how-to guide included.  I wish Sephora had enclosed a snapshot of it.  Did you find it helpful?  Were there a lot of look combinations, or just a few?  Were the pairings realistic for day to day wear?

@greeneyedgirl107 I have the Cool palette, I can try to grab some pics later. 

I was actually really disappointed in the Cool palette, though. It did not impress me. 

@lachaton THANKS!

@greeneyedgirl107 I can't speak for the looks they came up with for the Cool Palette, but the ones enclosed in the Editorial palette are understandably a little more "out there," but still wearable! I just looked at the little guide for the first time and they actually paired some shadows together that I wouldn't normally gravitate to on my own and they really look cohesive together! The little booklet comes with 4 different looks, so they don't provide endless possibilities, unfortunately. Though, I'm sure the looks they do give could give further inspiration to create something new 😄

IMG_7840.JPG

IMG_7841.JPG

@ashanizer Thank you so much!  You really went above and  beyond!!!

Image result for hearts gif

RE: APPRECIATION FOR SEPHORA PRO PALETTES

Getting the Cool Pallet soon but Editorial looks exciting!

It's gorgeous.  I'd love to see some looks using this palette.  This would be way out of my comfort zone and I'm not sure how to use these beautiful vibrant colors but would love to see what looks everyone comes up with.

Any updates from those who purchased any of the Sephora Pro Palettes (formula, longevity of application, etc) ? 

Thanks for the feedback @shadyladybri @ashanizer

@ElleElleG these eyeshadows perform amazingly! I see no difference in performance from this than higher end, "coveted" brands. The brighter shades look true to color under a regular primer, and beam when laid over a white base - can't go wrong either way! The shadows blend together very well and don't end up looking muddy, nor do they blend away into nothing. I like to apply the shadows in the first and bottom row with my finger since some of them do have a bit of texture to them that gets lost in a brush. This palette is definitely a flat, dense brush's dream! As far as longevity (I'm not sure if you mean on the eyes or how long till you hit pan type of longevity lol!), these last all day and night even if I go sans primer and just place these over concealer. I've also been using the palette almost everyday and nothing's hit pan yet, which I would hope not since I've only had this for a month hahaha 

I want the warm palette!!!!!

Me too! Sephora told me they are restocking the palette in a few weeks. I will be grabbing it!

This is  a beautiful palette. The price is holding me back from purchasing though, hopefully they stick around till the next sale.Think I will pick up the Editorial as well. Beautiful picture.

I think as much as I feel I need the warm palette, I might actually get the editorial instead..especially since I plan on getting the UD heat as well..don't need that many warm colours (gasp! did I just say that..crazy.)

I'm not a MUA and I feel like getting all of them just to admire them 😍😍. Sephora did an amazing job with this! Had I not gotten the ND Sunset palette, I would have gotten the SC palette when it launched.

Sooooo lovely! This is the one calling my name too...so glad to hear some good thoughts about it! 

Thanks for the awesome review!  I love the pink foil color in the bottom row of your palette! ❤️ 

I've had my eye on the warm palette, but I already bought the Sunset Palette (and NARS Loaded and UD Naked Heat and Smashbox Ablaze...), so I can't justify buying this one, too...But maybe if it goes on sale?

@ashanizer

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos4
  • FullSizeRender 49.jpg
  • IMG_7840.JPG
  • IMG_7841.JPG
  • FullSizeRender 51.jpg
testing